Box of Versailles

(8)

"My Dear Wife's Sleeping Face is Adorable"

☆ ☆ ☆

Why is my body so warm?

When I woke up in the morning, I realized. I went to find out what was going on in my bed yesterday.

I fell asleep with my beloved Antoinette in my arms. It is not that I had the first experience in my life while I was getting up in the morning.

I was a normal virgin before and after my reincarnation. I wasn't ready to let go of that status yet... I wasn't ready at this critical moment. It will be a little while before I can climb the ladder of adulthood.

"...Mmm... mmm..."

Antoinette is sleeping peacefully in my arms. Her sleeping face is really cute.

Oh my gosh! She's so cute!!!

If I really had a smartphone, I would take a picture of this sleeping face!

Except that smartphones don't exist in early modern France... even if I have one, it will be a problem sooner or later because I can't charge it, seriously.

So, I'll just burn Antoinette's sleeping face in my memory.

Now that I have spent the night with Antoinette, there are many things to do. First of all, I need to arrange a time when Antoinette can spend alone. After all, she is a young girl who became the Dauphine yesterday.

Being welcomed into the royal court at the young age of 14, she has a lot of issues to deal with. In fact, her brain has been in a state of intensive deliberation since she woke up, trying to figure out how to support her. So let's review the situation once again.

First of all, let's take a look at the power structure within the court...

I understand that there are too many cliques and too many conflicts. But there are still various people in the court, so let's try to coordinate them. Among them, the one who must be treated with delicacy and care in relation to Antoinette would be Madame du Barry. The aunts treated her as a whore, and Antoinette also considered her upbringing problematic, so the relationship was very difficult in the original history.

Antoinette herself was strongly influenced by her mother, who hated concubines and mistress relationships, but most of all, the aunts should not have ganged up on Antoinette and aggravated her. It is true that Madame du Barry spent nights with many men. She was a tailor who became a favorite of the aristocracy and ended up serving Louis XV as his mistress. To put it simply, she is the center of a typical light novel reverse harem.

Louis XV, an erotic monstrosity, was known to have had more than 10 mistresses beside her, according to official records alone. His sex drive was so strong that it made a huge impact!

After all, there was even a brothel called "Parc-aux-Cerfs" (lit. "stag park") in the forest of Versailles, which was built just for the purpose of keeping mistresses.

The brothel was closed last year in 1769, the same year that Madame du Barry served as royal mistress. It's too much, perhaps? I am sure there must be dozens of them if we include those who are not on record.

In Japan, the 11th Shogun, Ienari Tokugawa, had 16 wives and concubines and fathered more than 50 children. However, only Louis XV would have taken the trouble to build a brothel just for his mistresses.

Louis XV, who is in love with Madame du Barry, is naturally vehemently opposed by the aunts.

That's right. They would be furious if their father neglected his proper wife to spend his time with his official concubines and mistresses. If I were in their shoes, I would be disgusted with my father and the women surrounding him. So I understand the feeling of my aunts.