I Will Conquer, with the People

(40)

"Collaboration is Fun, Isn't It?"

★ ☆ ★

September 2, 1770

Good morning, even though I had a second round of sleep.

Quick note: this morning feels like the dawn of civilization. Ah~ The sounds of civilization are coming alive!!!!

Above all, a sample model of the steam engine developed by Mr. Watt has arrived in Paris!

Just so you know, it was directly imported from England, and well... the cost turned out to be higher than expected. It's the latest model from last year, after all. I had quite a hard time acquiring it, resorting to forbidden antique trades, but I finally managed to get it. However, this is intended strictly for research purposes.

Even if I'm told to put it into practice immediately, France still lacks skilled technicians. We are trying to attract technicians, mainly scientists, but we still don't have enough manpower. I want to establish an industrial foundation that can rival Britain as much as possible. If we don't have a solid foundation, we will waver and collapse, which will be disastrous. So, using steam engines like this, we will ensure that France doesn't fall behind the wave of the Industrial Revolution.

Especially in an industrial society that comes with industrialization, enormous funds become necessary. The initial investment becomes higher than the cost of manpower until then, so we must prove that the cost is lower than manual labor. Hmm, it's not as simple as placing items and blueprints like in a game, you see.

Due to having too many revolutions at crucial times, France has been lagging behind in industrialization in Europe. Taking that into account, industrialization and the development of infrastructure go hand in hand. In places where infrastructure is not developed, transportation takes time, and most importantly, people's movements are restricted. Even if we succeed in industrialization, it won't work if the infrastructure investment doesn't go well. Both are essential tasks in domestic affairs.

Hehehe, lately I've been working together with Antoinette, so it's actually enjoyable, you know.

"Lord Auguste, you seem to be in a good mood."

"Oh, you noticed, huh?"

"Yes, it's written all over your face."

"I see... It's because I'm enjoying working with you, that's why it shows on my face."

"Well, I also have a great time when I'm with you, Lord Auguste!"

"Ohh~!!! That makes me happy! Let's work hard from now on, shall we!?"

"Yes!"

"By the way, if there are any areas that need to be changed, please let me know."

"Leave it to me!"

At the facility development department, located right near the Palace of Versailles, I and Antoinette are working together on creating floor plans for the new washrooms, toilets, and bathhouses to be installed in the Palace of Versailles. The reason for doing such a thing is simply because there is a severe shortage of toilets in the palace.

Even now, there are still too many people who dump their feces and urine in the bushes of the inner courtyard...

But before that, there is a significant issue of insufficient toilet facilities. Even though there are more than 4.000 people working in the palace, only the royal family and high-ranking nobles are allowed to use the toilets! So, if you really need to go to the toilet, you have no choice but to find a secluded spot where no one is around.