Chapter 42

Nya's POV

Every single time.
Why do we always end up in death situations like this?

Oh yeah, because we're ninja. Right.

And that, obnoxious Kane, kicked us free-falling into the sky!

What a week.

All I could hear now was the bellowing of the wind howling around me, and Kai screaming like the man he is.

"NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WE'RE GONNA DIEE!!", He screamed like a baby, flapping his arms as if he was gonna fly.

Idiot.

I gritted my teeth, squinting my eyes as I looked down.

The rough water sloshed and sizzled around the fire crates, and we were coming really close to the ocean now...

My hair whipped around my face, and I could now hear the roar of the ocean as we fell closer and closer.

I looked around wildly, panic seeping.

"KAI!", I yelled through the wind,"THE DRAGON! WE HAVE TO FORM THE DRAGON!"

Kai looked at me, eyes wide with fear and panic as well, but something clicked in his eyes flashed with understanding and determination.

We grasped for each other's hands, and Kai tightened his grip on me.

I closed my eyes, and my gut twisted with a familiar surge of power.

Kai's hands glowed a fiery red, and mine glowed with a bright blue, fire and water danced around us like flickers of light.

And then a bright flash made me shut my eyes instinctively.

Suddenly, I felt as if a huge force barrel towards us, and at that same moment, we had plunged face first into the Boiling Sea.

......

Kai's POV

"Ugh", I groaned, rubbing my head as I felt as if the world had tilted sideways,"Whe-Where are we?"

Nya groaned beside me.

I blearily opened my eyes, and my vision tunnelled.

All around me, glowing scales of red and blue glowed around us...like a—

"The dragons", Nya said quietly, her voice is awe,"they're protecting us...they're acting as a shield."

My heart warmed, and I placed a gentle hand to the fiery-red glow of the dragon's wing.

"Thank you", I said gently, and the dragon cooed, sending pleasant vibrations through my palm,"Now get us to the Temple...we need to get that blade." I looked at Nya grimly, and she nodded.

The dragon roared , until lifting us onto its back, zooming into the ocean as if he sensed our distress and worry of our friends.

"I just hope the others are okay", I said as Nya instinctively tightened her arms around my waist as the dragon sped even faster,"This is all my fault." I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Not gonna argue with you on that", Nya muttered,"But...you didn't have a choice Kai—he would've found a way to make you wish for having your powers back anyway." Nya sighed.

"I just hope the others figure out a way to get Pixal activate the Bounty," she continues,"But—"

"Hey", I turn to her, setting a hard gaze on her, and she faltered,"They're gonna be okay. Jay's gonna be just fine, Nya."

Nya suddenly seemed to be on a frenzy with panic,"But what if he's not? What if-"

"Nuh-uh", I said, patting her knee and trying to figure a way to calm her down fast," Nadakhan isn't gonna try anything; not until we give him the Time Blade—and we need to figure out how we can do that...but until then...they're not gonna try anything."

"Nya's grip tightened,"I hope so"

"Yeah...", I said, looking ahead,"Me too."

"Hey, look!", Nya suddenly gasped, pointing far ahead,"We're here!"

"I hope those rock monsters that guarded the Temple remember us", I perked up, setting my eyes on the bright , hollow red temple," We rebuuilt their defences right? Who am I kidding, Im sure they will!" I grinned, turning to the magnificent looking temple that still took my breath away.

Almost as good-looking as Skylor.

Almost.

A sudden wave of anger, guilt and worry crashed onto me as I remembered Sky. It was my fault that she was—

"Hey", Nya's voice broke through my thoughts in a flash,"Come on...we gotta stick together alright?"

She gripped my shoulder as I processed her words.

"Right", I managed a weak smile, gripping her hand which was placed on my shoulder.

"Lets do this", Nya urged, jumping off first from the dragon.
I jumped right after her, and the dragon seemed put-off. The two-headed dragons whimpered.

The deep-blue dragon nudged Nya's elbow, who let out a breathless chuckle. Nya ran her hand over the dragon's head, making the dragon close its eyes in bliss.

"We'll be back", Nya promised, scratching the back of the dragon's head affectionately.

The red part of the dragon cooed, straight out licking me in the face.

"Ughhh", I grunted, wiping his not-so fiery slobber of my face,"Real macho." But I scratched his neck affectionately, a small smile appearing in my face.

Then with a brighter glow, the two-headed dragon disappeared, and Nya and I faced the Temple with grim faces.

"Well?", Nya said, stepping forward as she studied the inscriptions on the entrance.

"When Lloyd told us to keep the Blade back to its rightful place,"I said, stepping beside her,"We locked the door using our powers, so that this time, only the ones with the elemental powers could access the doorway."

Nya nodded, placing her hand forward.

"I guess that's what we have to do to open it then, right?"She said, shrugging a shoulder, and her hand glowed neon-blue.

Suddenly, her eyes flashed into a bright blue, making her look real scary now.

I pushed my hand forward towards the doorway, my hand glowing its usual red, and I turned towards Nya.

"Are my eyes glowing too?", I asked giddily,"Please tell me they are, because that would be so lame if you were the only one with the cool glow-eye thingy."

Nya's glowing eyes rolled,"Yes, you immature—"

"Haha!", I cried in victory.

The doors groaned as they opened by themselves, and our auras quickly faded, Nya's eyes turning back to their usual look.

We stepped through the empty hallway, nothing but boring inscriptions of the world-battles of Ninjago.

What, I've seen enough of them okay?

But then...

the temple shuddered, and then we saw our lovely friends, the rock monsters.
"Guys!", I yelled, and my voice seemed to echo around us,"How long has it been, am I right or am I right?" I raised my hands in a jazz hands motion.

"Surprise its us!", I said, throwing an arm around Nya, who stiffened and set a permanent glare on me, making me wince mentally,"Kai and Nya! As you know, of course, elemental masters of Fire and Water!"

The Rock Monsters only growled, tilting their heads in consideration.

Or it could've been just pure confusion.

"So, Anyway", I stammered, the silence hitting me to a state of surprising awkwardness,"Me and my lovely sister", I flicked my index finger on Nya's cheek as I emphasised, making her jaw tighten,"Are just gonna gooo....that way!"

The rock monsters growled, stomping themselves infront of us.

Nya pushed me away roughly, her hands poised to leap into action.

"I don't think they remember us, idiot", she snapped, and water crashed towards the rock-monsters.

The water steamed, but they surfaced through the water, unfazed.

They roared.

I rolled my eyes.

Awesome.

A/N--DUN, DUN, DUNNNN XDDDD. Stay tuned for the next chapter, as we go nearer and nearer to the epic conclusion!