Chapter 31

Lloyd's POV

"We're never gonna get anywhere at this rate!", Jay whined, plopping himself on the floor, a grumpy look on his face.

I was sweating and panting.

For almost an hour, I tried to use my Spinjitzu to reach the opening to the vertical long cell—but, no surprise—I can't fly using Spinjitzu—and though it does give me a certain momentum...I can't reach the door which was probably 20 feet above us, considering the big drop we experienced when Kane had thrown us down below.

Kane. I already hated the guy so much that even my Oni side slipped. That was unintentional. I didn't even realise what happened until the others gasped—and Kane called me the Son of Garmadon. I shuddered from the memory.

I managed to stagger back to my feet, but Nya held me back with a tight grip on my shoulder.

"Lloyd,"she pleaded,"You're already badly hurt as it is—

I shrugged her off, feeling annoyed.

"Nya", I said, my tone clipped," Right now— is not the time to consider how hurt I am. Though I appreciate it, we have more problems to think about." I frowned, looking up at the opening, which was literally the only source of light in the cell.

I look back at Nya, who had a sympathetic look on her face.

"Harumi?", she asks, already knowing what I was worrying the most.

I pursed my lips, my eyebrows pulled down, rapidly blinking the stinging pain across my eyelids. I sighed, looking away from Nya and the others who watched me intently.

"I just hope she's okay", I managed, sitting on the stone-cold floor, feeling helpless.

Nya sat next to me, resting her head on the wall, and sighed.

"Lloyd", she said.

I slightly turned my head to face her. Her face was strong and determined, an expression that defied all hopelessness and defeat.

" Don't you know by now that Harumi can take care of herself?", she smiled gently,"She told you that several times before—even when she was the Quiet One, remember?"

"Of course," I said,"But—"

"Take it from me, then", she interrupted, placing a hand on my shoulder," Harumi is a strong and brave woman—and you, of all people, should know that she wouldn't let us down." She smiled gently at me as I looked at her in quiet shock.

"Since when did you fully trust her?", I asked, shocked.

She smiled brighter,"After how she defended us back there—and the look on her face when...you're Oni side took over...I realised that she cares for you more than you think." She said softly.

My heart leaped.

"She's beginning to prove to be a great friend,"I agreed in a mumble.

Nya let out a chuckle,"Don't lie on the spot, Green Bean—you see her more than a friend." She smirked.

I looked at Nya, managing an exasperated smile, but didn't say anything. These were my siblings—I couldn't hide anything from them—they loved me just as much as I did, maybe even more so.

"Ha!", Kai snorted, making us all turn around,"I told you so! Cole—you owe me your slice of cake when we get to the Monastery," Kai smirked.

Cole looked at Kai in a hilarious-looking aghast expression.

"I never betted against anything! It was you and Jay!", Cole said.

Jay clicked his tongue,"Don't bring me in this, Party Pooper."