Chapter 17

LLOYD'S POV

Nya raised her hands, which were suddenly engulfed with large swirls of water.

My eyes widened, and I could feel Harumi's grip on my arm tighten—ouch.

"Nya!", Jay shouted, running over towards her, grabbing her arm firmly,"Don't do it! This isn't you!"

The gushing swirls of water didn't disappear, but only slowed momentarily as Nya turned her head to face Jay with an angered expression.

"Stay out of this Jay.", she snapped, turning back to me.

"Lloyd", she warned dangerously,"I'm warning you—stand aside. Now."

As discreetly as I could, I backed away from Nya, tugging Harumi to back away too.

Nya growled, quickly figuring out what I was doing.

"Lloyd", she growled, the pressure of water in her hands spinning faster and faster," This is your last warning."

That was it. I had enough. I felt—mad.

I fumed, my right arm shielding Harumi, while my left hand suddenly swirled with green energy, illuminating the room.

"Nya", I said through my gritted teeth, my anger getting to me now,"I'm warning YOU now—Stand aside. You aren't thinking straight...lets talk about this please!"I added desperately.

She shook her head stiffly, gritting her teeth and clenching her water- filled fists.

'There is absolutely nothing to talk about!"she yelled,"All this time, we were forced to give her another chance—to treat her like one of us, treat her like—like family, especially considering what she did to all of us, mind you—and you were eavesdropping WITH her?!" She screamed at my face.

I felt—shocked—scared.

But not for myself, for Rumi. Did Nya really think Harumi would be so—stupid and reckless to be the way she was—the Quiet One?

But Nya would never get angry like this if she wasn't THAT mad. She must be furious.

But this just proved one thing—something about them knowing about Nadakhan—something really bad.

"Please, Lloyd", Harumi whimpered desperately,"Move."

Harumi was still trying to tug me aside but I kept a firm grip on my position. I wasn't moving anywhere away from her. I knew firsthand how strong she was—considering all the fights we had back when she was the Quiet One, but I couldn't put her in any danger—especially if that danger was my best friend, Nya. Rumi was too important for me to risk her in danger anymore.

"Nya, please calm down", I tried again, gently,"It's not what you think! Please calm down!"

Nya let out a furious cry, starting to charge forward—until Kai steeped in. He rushed over, firmly gripping the tops of her arms. She struggled, trying to break free of Kai's hold.

"Sis back away", Kai said in a calm yet firm tone,"Listen to me, right now—before you do something you'll regret later."

Nya laughed humorlessly,"Oh—trust me. I'm not regretting ANYTHING what I'm about to do."

She easily shoved Kai off of her, raising her arms.

I clasped my hands together tightly, forming a gigantic energy ball.

Shouts of protests drowned to a dull buzz as my anger fumed.

"THAT IS ENOUGH", Master Wu yelled', stepping in between.