Chapter 41

Lloyd's POV

You know that point in your life when everything seems like your life may not turn out that bad at all—and then it everything just tumbles down on your shoulders until you can't get up.

Of course the plan wasn't gonna work, who am I kidding.

"Ugh! Get away from me you—!", Nya yelled, growling at the guard who held her hands behind her back, pushing her across the steps,"Or you'll really regret this!" She struggled through the hold but with no luck obviously, the guy was so buff and big-made that he only needed to hold her wrists with one hand.

The guard behind me pushed me forward, and I grunted, glaring at my feet.

We were being led to the main deck, Nya being hauled in front , Harumi right behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder, meeting her wide, alert eyes. My heart hammered in my chest as I stared at her, looking away as soon as my eyes glanced down at her lips.

Stop, this isn't the time

I closed my eyes tightly, my fingers tightening into fists from the guards tight hold around them. I couldn't afford to distract myself. Kane was up there. Nadakhan was up there. And if they found out how much I—

My eyes burned. Who am I kidding, how do I even know she loves me back?

Shut up, my brain hacked my brain, Green Ninja first, girl problems later, and you know you're lying to yourself because she just kissed you idiot.

But that was a distraction.

She wouldn't have kissed you if she never wanted to, she had no choice.

Oh please, She could've grabbed a book or braided her hair for all we know! She has a crush on you!

....That can't be right—could it?

All this mental turmoil was making my eyes feel blurry and woozy, so I shook my thoughts off, sharpening my senses.

Suddenly, a whiplash of heat wafted around me, and my throat felt dry with dread.

We arrived at the main deck, as we hovered around the Boiling Sea.

When in the world could this ship start flying?

All around us, tendrils of smoke floated upwards, coiling in the air like snakes, hissing around us.

I leaned over the rail, despite the hard tugs the guard gave me to straighten, and I saw the fire and water, unusually mixed together as some kind of underwater volcano. My heart thumped unevenly in panic.

"Nya!!", I heard Jay yell, and I whipped my head, and saw Jay being held down by the knees, a guard pinning him from running towards Nya,"Are you alright?!"

"Jay!", Nya's sharp eyes widened in alarm,"I-I'm fine but—"

"SILENCE!", Nadakhans booming voice rattled the ship, causing an echo around us, silence ringing in my ears.

Nadakhan was rarely stern, having being gentle to gain our trust, but this time, he seemed more enraged and stoic, his mouth twisted in spite.

He glided at the centre of the deck, and, raising his arms in cue, the guards gathered around him, holding each one of our friends down, knives inched threateningly to their throats.

"A...little..too...close....don't ya....think...!", Cole croaked, trying to edge his head as far away from the glinting knife as possible.

"Yea...I shaved just last...WeEk.", Kai squeaked, closing his eyes as the guard growled, pressing the knife to his chin.

"LEAVE THEM ALONE", I yelled, anger boiling as I stared in horror,"What do you even want?" I glared at the guard who had my wrists locked.

I roughly pushed him off me, making Harumi yelp and step aside before he tumbled over her, and I whipped my head back to the smirking Djinn.

"Do you seriously think what you're doing is right?!", I growled, striding towards him, my eyes blazed in anger," Is this what you want? To have people suffer and gain hurt, while you just waltz around like it's normal to threaten my friends?!" I growled, face-to face with Nadakhan, who still had the audacity to keep that smirk on his face.