Chapter 20

Harumi's POV

Lloyd told me all about the mysterious caller, who only first called that day when we were at my apartment. I wasn't surprised because, ever since he had that call, Lloyd has been looking nervous—and he couldn't hide from me—I was just too good at masks. But, this guy—or girl, who knows, is really stepping up their game.

" Eventhough he said it was hopeless,"Lloyd said as we were sitting side by side on the edge of my bed,"I still tried to track his location—but—I can't seem to triangulate any other source."he muttered in frustration, looking away.

I crossed my legs, cupping my chin with my palm,"Don't you think this would all be easier if we asked Zane and PIXAL for help? Or maybe even telling the ninja?"I emphasized, my eyebrows raised.

He looked at me, a frown forming on his lips,"I didn't think about that."

I rolled my eyes.

"But that's not why I didn't tell them—or you", he said in defense, his green eyes glittering,"I just—I didn't want to risk anyone and—I thought I could handle this on my own."He lowered his head.

I looked at him in pity, my eyes squinting in sympathy,"And did that help?"

He stared at the ground, the fidgeting of his hands paused momentarily.

"You told me the greatest power that makes you the Green Ninja isn't your elemental power,"I said,"It's your friends."

He slowly looked at me, staring.

"And you trying to handle this on your own is never going to help you", I continued sternly," You can't do this without them, Lloyd. You need to tell them—I—have this bad feeling."

His wide eyes narrowed in concern,"Bad feeling about what?"

"That this is going to end badly if we don't do something about it", I sighed,"But that's not important right now—go on—take a shower, you're still sweaty, and then—go and talk to your friends." I said, nudging his shoulder with my index finger, he chuckled.

"I should tell you the same though", he grinned,"But make sure you don't wet the area that's bandages—or it'll sting badly, trust me—I've had my fair share of painful wounds", he shuddered but I just laughed.

"Im stronger than I look", I said, smugly crossing my arms, looking up at him as he stood.

"That, I know", Lloyd said proudly, smiling wide,"You were amazing today, by the way."

I winked at him playfully,"I know." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he laughed, exiting the room.

But, he paused, his hand on the doorway,"Rumi?"

I looked up,"Yeah?"I tilted my head, smiling.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, staring at me with those adoring green eyes, a smile curving up his lips.

"Thanks", he whispered,"I owe you."

I shook my head,"Of course not—I owe you more than just receiving an advice which you already know, deep inside of you." I smiled, gazing into his eyes.

He softened, nodding, and closed the door behind him.

I sighed, playing with the ends of my hair, smiling giddily. But once I realized what I was doing, I stopped, my face feeling super warm. I groaned, falling head-first on the bed, raking my fingers through the tufts of my hair.

"What's happening?", I asked aloud, my voice muffled as I buried myself on my pillow. He's just—an amazing person."my thoughts hummed.

Ugh—was I getting Lovesick?

The inside of my squealed in giddiness, imagining his smiling face. I smiled myself, just imagining it.

Suddenly, I heard a buzzing. It was my phone.

I rubbed my face with both of my hands, forcing myself back to reality, as I reached for the phone.

To my surprise, it was an unknown number.

I frowned, instantly suspicious, because the only people who call me are Lloyd and the Commissioner. So who was calling me?

I stared at the number, pondering.

Should I answer?

I answered the call, half expecting it to be an advertisement for Ninja plushies—but of course I was wrong.

"Hello?", I said, my voice steadily neutral.

"Hello Harumi."

My eyes widened.

A/N-  Since so many of you REALLY wanted to know what happens next--here you are!! I know its short, but I think its what sets the mood, you know? Nothing tooooo lenghtly--just the perfect cliffanger to have al of you punching the air and chipping your finger nails--hehe....Well--hope you guys liked it! More on the way, have no fear!!!!Tell me what you think in the comments!!!BYEEEEEE!! AND 4K READS WHATTTTT?!!!!Love you guys!