Chapter 33

Harumi's POV

The second I opened my eyes, it felt as if my body were hanging upside down—what a surprise.

I groaned lightly, shaking me head slowly. My eyes seemed blurry.

Was this was how the SOG bikers felt whenever they had a hangover? If it was, then I really should been more considerate and less violent whenever they asked for a day off. My eyesight slowly cleared itself as I focused on steadying my breathing and train of thought.

"Harumi?", I heard a voice next to me call, and I whipped my head so fast that I had to groan in pain, a hand on my head as I shut my eyes closed.

I felt a warm palm on my shoulder, and, very carefully, I opened my eyes, instantly locking with Lloyd's bright green eyes, which were slightly duller than usual. But they were still bright enough to bring back that annoying fluttering in my body. Ugh. It felt comforting, though.

"Rumi?", Lloyd said, waving his hand across my faces I stared dumbly at him,"You awake?"

I rolled my eyes, grabbing his hand midway as he waved it across my face.

"Yes, Lloyd,"I sighed, rubbing my eyes with one hand, while gripping his hand in the other. He didn't seem to mind, as I felt him circle my hand with unfamiliar patterns. It made me feel calmer, it helped to cease the throbbing pain aching my muscles and body.

I looked back at him, and he looked back at me, obviously concerned and...something else.

"What?", I asked, instantly worried,"What's wrong?"

" "What's wrong?" ", he asked, and he leaned back, slipping out of my grasp, his eyebrows turned down."Did you not realise you fell more than 20 feet into a stone-cold cell, bleeding, as if you've been slashed and stabbed for hours, and you were barely breathing?" He glared, as I found myself very interested in the floor around me.

"I—", I started, but Lloyd cut me off.

"Stop."Lloyd,"You almost died Rumi." His voice cracked at the word died. My eyes widened slightly as I turned to look at his face.

"Do you have any idea what you've gotten yourself into?", he continued,"Just-just look at you!"

He gestured to me, my bandages, with a fallen expression.

I looked at my arms, the bruises formed around the bandages, and managed a shrug,"Meh, I don't look that hideous. And, besides, I've been through worse." I smiled at him.

He chuckled darkly, and my smile faltered.

"You've got a second chance at life, I get that,"he said, frowning at me,"But that doesn't mean you're just gonna throw it away and be reckless."He growled.

I gritted my teeth.

"I knew what I was doing Lloyd—I'm not an idiot,"I huffed," I was trying to help—

"It won't help that you're constantly risking your life," He said, standing up.

I stood up myself, and opened myself to speak, but the throbbing in my head swirled, my muscles screaming in agony, and I gasped, feeling my vision tilt, as I began to fall.

Almost immediately, Lloyd ran towards me, gripping my body, saving me from a hard fall to the floor. He sighed in relief, squatting down as he laid me gently to the wall, my pack pressed to the wall. I winced.

His previous expression of anger seemed to have immediately vanished, only to be replaced with concern, his eyes softening as he stared at mine.

'You need rest", he whispered,"Why did you get up like that?"