Chapter 34

*READ THE A/N AT THE END AFTER FINISHING THIS!*

Harumi's POV

The two of us slept almost immediately, feeling thoroughly drained and exhausted. I woke up first, stretching as I felt slightly better than last night.

But, After almost hours of sound silence, Lloyd seemed uneasy, as he shifted himself around. I frowned.

"Lloyd?", I asked,"What's wrong?"

"He shook his head, his face looking troubled, before covering his face in his palms. I scooted closer to him.

"Lloyd?", I asked again. He groaned, taking heavy breaths.

My eyes widened, and I placed my hand gently on his. He peeked one eye open, and I pulled his hand gently way from his face, and saw his eyes tearing up.

I gasped.

"Lloyd, no", I pleaded,"Wh—What's wrong? Talk to me."

I looked at him in anguish, at his face which was twisted in pain and sadness. He tried turning away from me, but I shifted in front of him, not letting him avoid my gaze.

He sighed, looking up at me,"You're not gonna let this go are you?"

I shook my head firmly," Did you have a nightmare?"

He looked at me, and his face flashed into an expression that seemed—heartbroken. I couldn't make sense of it. But, before I could even blink, it was gone—only to be replaced with an expression of fatigue and mild melancholy.

"It's—It's nothing", he said, taking a deep breath, before hastily wiping his eyes in a put-on discreet way,"Sorry—I-I just have, something in—my eye—must have been some dust."

I nodded absently, looking down, as I knew better than that. He was on the verge of bursting into tears—but kept himself at bay so that he wouldn't seem weak—I knew that feeling well.

"Someone once told me that hiding what you feel would never do you any good,"I said quietly,"And it's important to tell someone who you trust." I paused, and he looked at me.

His face looked worn out, his green eyes gleaming bright as ever.

"I said that, didn't I?", he asked, smiling small,"Back..at your apartment."

I smiled back, recalling that time,"Yeah—you did."

His smile faltered momentarily, as he stared at the ground.

"You don't have to tell me", I said gently,"I don't wanna stress you ou—"

"No no", he cut me off,"I want to tell you—but—I just can't seem to—"

"I get it", I said, taking his hand. He looked at me, eyes full of anguish and frustration,"So—just take a deep breath, and tell me—we've got a lot of time."

Lloyd narrowed his eyes as he looked at me, exasperated.

"Hey", I said, shrugging"If we're gonna be stuck here until the Bounty comes, we might as well talk about it, right?"

He looked at me one more time, before nodding, scooting himself closer to me—surprising me.

We sat in mild silence, listening to the occasional plops of water hitting the floor, the airy breaths in and out from the others, Kai's loud snoring. Or was it Jay's? I had no clue.

Lloyd brought his knees to his chest, staring at the wall opposite us. I stared at him, trying to understand what exactly was going through his head.

"In my dream", he started in barely a whisper, so I had to lean my head closer, slightly resting on his knee.