Chapter 32

Skylor's POV

"Initiate system reboot!", PIXAL shouted,"Initiate system reboot!"

Nothing happened. The controls were locked and the siren was off—lights blaring red.

My face was illuminated in a red hue, as I watched the chaos around. Zane and Pixal were furiously typing, inputting commands and punching buttons—but I didn't know how to help them.

Instead, I settled on trying to comfort the anguished Nindroids.

I placed a hand on Zane's shoulder, as he looked at the screen with a worried look.

"Zane?", I asked,"Fill me in, will ya?"

"It seems that someone—or something has disabled all our means of communication and system utilities", Zane said," We don't have the control now."

"Im guessing the guy that has Kai and the others is behind this,"I frowned.

Pixal groaned, her face washed with worry. Zane rushed ahead and placed an arm around her in comfort. My heart swelled, wishing I was with Kai right now.

I sighed,"Can't we at least contact Master Wu?"

Pixal shook her head, glaring at the controls,"The uninvited trespasser has blocked every communication pathway we could reach—and we can't even move the ship away from its singled radar."

"It's been hours, Pix,"I said worriedly," Why don't we sneak on the ship, using our parachutes?"

"At this high?", Zane asked, raising his eyebrow, shaking his head,"We have more than 90% chance of plunging into the water before even having the chance to pull out our parachutes."

I growled,"Darn it."

Suddenly, the Bounty seemed to slightly shake in the air.

"Woah!", I raised my arms, trying to steady myself,"Whaaats haaaapenniinnggg?!" I shouted.

"PIXAL!", Zane shouted.

"I don't know!", Pixal shouted back,"Hold on!"

"Surprising, really", we all heard a voice through the speakers,"I expected better from the ninjas crew...a shame."

The shuddering of the Bounty subsided, and a figure landed onto the deck, wearing a navy blue cloak and a green kabuki mask.

"Great", Pixal said,"Who are you now?" Her voice annoyed.

The figure's masked eyes glowed a piercing shade of silver.

"Oh, just fulfilling my—my Captain's orders", the figure stated. My eyes narrowed, I was sure she was about to say something that would've sounded personal, but hastily was changed to Captain, as if nothing happened. Weird.

Zane and Pixal stepped in.

" Before this resorts to violent matters,"Pixal said,"I'm afraid I may have to ask you to step down and return our ship and our friends immediately, unknown individual."

The figure laid a hand on their hip, tilting their head,"You'll find out who I am soon enough—but as for violent measures..."

The figure stood up straight, and brought out a 6 foot long double sided spear, which glinted in the sun. It looked beautiful yet lethal.

The three of us exchanged grim looks. Zane brought out his bow and arrow, Pixal jerked her arms forward, readying her shurikans. I reached for my sword, settling into a battle pose.

The figure's blue cloak flowed like the ocean. We glared at him/her in silence.

And then the figure charged.

A/N - HAPPY TUESDAY! Yes, yes, I know. This chapter is pretty short--but what's the harm? I m hyped to get on with the story! I HAVE LOADS OF PLANS !!! But, as you know, this book may have to be put in pause maybe during Mid April, because of my exams, so ill try my best to cover as much and ill be back as soon as you can say,"BRO BRO GOO GOO!" XD. Anways Ill udat soon, Phewww this chapter got me chilllsss i can't wait to see yall's reaction for the next chapter!!! Let me know what you think!