Chapter 5

Lloyd's P.O.V

The guys looked pretty surprised as I entered the monastery, especially since I was sweating like crazy, grinning like a maniac. They were all sprawled in the gaming-room, looking at me expectantly.

"Gosh", Cole said,"What happened to you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but a laugh stopped me. Harumi's laugh. It was a pure and delightful sound that I've haven't heard for a long,long time. Or, maybe ever. But it was different. So happy. I turned right when she bounded over me, almost knocking the two of us.

"You're gonna pay for that", she said, feigning a glare at me,"I just ran a million steps across the monastery!"

"And you lost."I finished for her, a smile in my face. She looked like she was about to say something when she paused, smile faltering, finally realizing that she was here, in the middle of the room, in my arms, infront of my friends. Whoops.

She pushed me away backing away towards the exit,"Uh...Ill catch you later Lloyd."

I was about to run after her, but a staff blocked her way. She stiffened, realizing her escape would not go so planned,"Master Wu!"

Master Wu, my uncle, stood there with a smile, as he placed the staff between Harumi and the doorway. "Hello again, Harumi. Glad you are here."

Harumi stood as still as a statue, waiting to leave. I strode my way across the room, standing beside her in case she would make a run for it,"Master Wu—we really have to talk about—"

"Yes, the scrolls, I know", he said, his face grim now,"It seems that you and your mother have found a couple of scrolls that may help us."

"Help us with what?", Kai asked curiously

I exchanged a wary glance with Master Wu.

"To help us find your lost powers back."Master Wu said

Everyone except Wu and I gasped.

"But—",Jay said, as his eyes widened,"You said our powers would just return to us!"

"Indeed I did,"Master Wu said," But they have not. It has been quite a while."

"Its been 9 months Master,"Cole said glumly," and there hasn't been a slightest sign of our powers showing up."

Nya and I looked at each other sadly. We knew how hard this was for the guys. Even Kai, who has lost his powers before, was frustrated. I could tell, from all the groans and shouts whenever he was annoyed by something. But neither of us could do anything. They just had to keep trying, no matter what it takes.

"That's why I need to talk to you guys," I started slowly,"Everyone to the base!"

Everyone filed out, leaving only me and Harumi. Harumi shuffled nervously," So...can I go to my room now?"

I looked at her, arching my eyebrow. She groaned.

"Okay,Okay...I'll come with you."Harumi sighed.

I grinned, grabbing her wrist as I ran for it.

"Slow down! What is it with you and running?"she shouted.

I laughed,"What is it with you and complaining all the time! You're a part of out team now."

She looked at me through narrowed eyes,"Only for a week."

I smiled, if only she knew, I thought.

At the base...

We were all round the wide rectangular table, the scroll placed in the middle. As Harumi and I entered the room, they all looked expectantly at me. I refrained from sighing. Almost all of my life, I was the one who everyone had their eye on. Before I became the Green Ninja, everyone would stare at me back at Darkley's boarding school, because, who wouldn't stare at Ninjago's worst villain's son, who was, apparently, in an orphanage. Then, once I became the Green Ninja, it only became worse. Eyes were all over me. My friends looked up to me. And they still did. They still are.