Chapter 35

Lloyd's POV

I stared up at the ceiling before me as I laid my head on the bed—thinking—as usual of course—to find a way out of this.

Surprisingly or ironically enough—the whole room was—green? The exact same colour as my gi. Green sheets, pillow—the wall having a lighter green shade to top it all up. It's like—the room was designed for...

Me? Nah, that can't be right. But this whole thing is weird.

As my mind raced, I heard a voice.

"Though green may be an underrated colour...", Kira said, smirking as she leaned across the doorway, her eyes boring into my own,"I have to admit—it suits you." Her smirk widened. I quickly got up, my fists raised as I readied to fight. She raised her eyebrow, confused—until her eyes lit up in understanding for my sudden tension. Could you blame me?

Kira rolled her eyes,"Relax, Green Master—I'm not gonna hurt you—mostly because of Nadakhan's orders", she muttered the last part.

I stared, slowly lowering my fists but not believing her completely.

"Oh that would've been a relief to hear—before you and your brother  tried to torture us in that prison cell!" I glared at her.

She rolled her eyes, her hand on her hip. Her eyes were a deep shade of blue. They were...interesting...not weird—but..something sparked...power in them.

"Where are my friends?" I asked, gritting my teeth,"If you did anything to them—

"Woah-relax. They're fine—I've rebooted your little nindroids out of their crazed frenzy on their worst memories so you don't have to worry...You ninja are really this dramatic all the time?", her face twisted into something like disgust or disappointment—I couldn't tell,"Yeesh—just calm down."

That only made me madder,"Oh I'll be much calmer, don't worry,"I said, avoiding from clenching my teeth,"Just let my friends and I go—and you won't have to worry about us being this dramatic."

She tilted her head at me, her eyes narrowed," Negotiations are really not your thing eh?" She chuckled, shaking her head.

For a second—my guard went down as I saw her laugh—it wasn't evil. It wasn't taunting. It was—genuine. My face fell slightly as my mind flashed with memories.

It reminded me of those times when Harumi was disguised as the Quiet one and when she was aboard the Destiny's Bounty—though she was only pretending to be on our side, there were...moments between us that always stuck to my head for..a long, long time. Times when—maybe she forgot that she was supposed to keep a distance and stick to her plans—her laughs and smile...it reminded me a lot like how she was now...and when she revealed herself as the Quiet One...my mind had branded those memories of her and refused to believe that her true self was truly evil...even when she joined the Crystal King—her masks couldn't hide the sadness, anger and betrayal she felt towards me... and I knew that—but every time I saw her—I always remembered that laughing Jade Princess at the Bounty, smiling at me with a glow that was hard to forget.

My mind stumbled back to reality as Kira cleared her throat from her chuckles, her face straightening.

"Well", she said, blowing her dark brow hair from her face."You know that won't happen Lloyd—I'm sorry." She didn't look apologetic though.

But I stared at her, trying desperately to pry some answers out of her somehow.

She narrowed her eyes," What?" She demanded.

"Why are you doing this Kira?", I asked," What do you want with us?" My eyes squinted as I stared at her own.

Kira sighed, before looking out of the doorway for any sign of Kane, the crew or Nadakhan.