Chapter 12

Harumi's POV

Lloyd's hiding something from me.

I can tell.

Just because I wasn't a villain behind masks anymore, doesn't mean that I can't see through masks myself.

Ever since he got that call from that random stranger, I could tell that his mind was elsewhere. He wouldn't tell me what the stranger said though. Odd.

We were good friends, and he's told me everything about him—but he's hiding something now. I don't know whether it's because of me. Maybe the Commissioner? No...that can't be right—the Commissioner and I have come to good terms now.

So who was it?

We drove in silence again, but this time, the silence wasn't as comforting as before. It made me feel very...strange.

It might sound funny, especially since I was known as the Quiet One for goodness sake, but recently, I began to feel...afraid. Afraid of being silenced, or just the regular quietness around me would bring back those lonely memories.

Sometimes I fear, that if everything around me is silent, and I blink, this world around me would be just a dream—and I was still working for the Crystal King.

I visibly shuddered.

Lloyd seemed to notice my discomfort as he glanced at me,"Harumi?"

"Hmm?"I managed to say, as I forced myself to look at the window.

"Anything on your mind?"He asked, his voice sounding a little distracted.

I huffed, feeling slightly annoyed,"I could ask you the same thing." I said gruffly. This surprised him. As he jerked the car to a stop once the red light flashed, he turned to me,

"What did I do now?", he asked, his eyebrows raised.

I kept looking at the window, trying really hard to hold back a smile at his anxiousness.

I managed to hold a stern expression on my face, I could see it very clearly through my reflection.

"Oh, nothing at all.", was all I replied.

I couldn't help but shoot a glance at him, and I wasn't surprised. He was frowning at my blasé answer.

The red light winked to green, forcing him to turn back to the wheel. I cracked a smile.

"I saw that", he said, sounding unimpressed as he locked eyes with me from the centre mirror of the car. I flushed, looking the other way.

Before I knew it, we reached the underground base which was directly underneath the monastery—that's where all of the ninja's vehicles were usually parked. Pretty gigantic garage if I do say myself,(And, yes, I was the one who expanded the base to set up a garage.) I jumped out of the car, reaching to grab for the wooden box that was not at ALL heavy, but Lloyd beat me to it. He snatched it deftly, clicking the car key and locking the car.

"Nice Try,"he said, smirking at me.

I huffed, walking quickly away from him. Like I needed to break my back anyway. I heard Lloyd sigh behind me, but I didn't look at him. Suddenly, I was caught in a whirl of green spinjitzu, his hand grabbing my wrist. Just as he caught me, he stopped spinning. My head spun, and I fell right on to the floor. Lloyd, who was still gripping my wrist, fell right on top of me. He and I groaned at the same time.

Talk about Deja Vu.

After the dizziness in my head subsided, I snapped my eyes open, immediately locking with his green ones.