CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE

A/N: Do you guys miss OG Naruto? I miss when it was about ninjas and rivaling villages. Also, team 7 and team 10 were the cutest bunches! 💕 As usual, when you see the " * " sign, play the OST to get the feels. 

Also! I published a new book "Unexplained Catastrophe" which is a Gojo x Reader fic! Feel free to add it to your library! 

Y/N's P.O.V. 

It was confusing seeing Gamakichi and Gamabunta near the Hokage Tower. The little sassy frog was sitting on top of his father's head, who was smoking away – his pipe blowing up fumes that filled the environment with a smoky haze. I halted midway, seemingly distraught noticing the giant toad not making eye-contact with me. Nevertheless, I was under no circumstances in good terms with the residents of Mount Myoboku. Partly because my summons would never allow me to have a pact with these slimy creatures, and second of all, Gamabunta and I just had a rocky relationship: Him thinking I needed to show more respect while I suggested him to know proper manners to address fellow shinobis. That was why, it felt unnerving to see the chief quiet. I knew he had sensed my presence but the lack of interest to grunt or, at least, start having fits of cough to mock me was unusual.

I simply climbed the building walls, not caring to walk up the spiraling stairs and getting my stamina exhausted. It was already evening and I wanted to be back home as soon as possible. Slightly, I was afraid that my citizenship might have been revoked since I had dared attack the Hokage. But I was also afraid that they would put me under house arrest until Touchan came back to take me away. Either ways, I felt the meeting would bring me bad luck.

Just as I reached the second highest floor, through the windowpane, I noticed several silhouettes inside Godaime's office. Kakashi and Naruto stood by the door, Sakura and Sai to their right with a solemn look about their face. I slid the glass window open, swinging my legs inside the room with squinted eyes, distrustful of the scenario ahead. Tsunade-sama was on her chair, a dark gloomy expression as she perched her chin on her intertwined fingers – the constant frown looking menacing and more scary. Just a few steps in front of me were four toads – none of whom I recognized. There was a small one who had slimy blue skin; it stood still like a figurine but its beaded eyes looked at me for a split second before looking forward towards nothing in particular. Then there was another one, halfway between a tadpole and a toad, carrying another frog on its back that looked older, it had tufts of messy white hair surrounding its small green head. Fashioning a brown cloak and breathing heavily, it turned to look at me, no smile or even a simple hello – just plainly gawking at me expressionlessly. The last frog seemed like an ordinary frog however, its midsection was just one giant scroll. I could vaguely recall this one – Touchan would summon it whenever he wanted to weaken Naruto's Seal.

Aside from the frogs, there were other pairs of eyes on me. Sakura's eyes were glistening, her decorated with a ghostly smile but it died when I stared back; she looked puzzled and hesitant – as if she wasn't sure if she should smile at me. I could understand. I was awkward too; now with my entire life disclosed, I was no longer just another shinobi to these people. I had one history with everyone but they all had seen three versions of myself.

"Where the hell were you, Oneechan?!" Naruto's brash voice broke the brewing tension as I abruptly looked at him. While doing so, I was unfortunate enough to look at a certain ashen-haired Jonin who had yet to look at me, or even acknowledge my presence. He stood still like a mannequin, apparently unperturbed of my frame that was just in line of his vision. Like I was nothing but the background he was used to ignoring. Part of me wanted to scoff, even jeer at the man for discounting another fellow shinobi with such pride. The least he could do was to curtly nod at me; but no! He looked at Tsunade-sama with great urgency as if I wasn't even in the room. 'But wouldn't you be mad if he looked at you like a lost puppy? You'd complain that he wasn't professional enough.' – my voice spoke to me. 'Still, it is far more insulting to be overlooked.' – I countered the voice in my head.