CHAPTER FORTY

Kakashi's P.O.V

Bed sheets rustled.

Light streamed inside the unusually dull room that held many memories, quite unpleasant now.

My own haziness broke under the spell of a new morning and boundless possibilities of spending the day reading Icha-Icha. Yesterday seemed like a distant dream and yet I could recall some of the harrowing moments: coming home to find Y/N hospitalized, Akako catching us in a compromising position and Tsunade-sama's bone-chilling accusations and warning about my relationship. Maybe she had some truth to it but I was not the same naïve man, I knew how to keep my wife safe and with her being a skilled shinobi, almost, chances of a better, healthier relationship was expectable. Sighing and cracking my joints with a satisfying pop, I turned my head slightly to find a divine scenery. My wife was staring back at me; her lovely shades of E/C alluringly trailed over the crevices of my frame. A subtle wonder glinted in those eyes, her pupils distending as my own hetero-eyes landed on her. Y/N stopped munching on her cookies abruptly as the crumbles adorned the corners of her mouth like sands. In her hand was two pairs of half eaten chocolate cookies and I had a feeling she already had finished an entire box. I smiled seeing such normalcy after years of torment perhaps, even happier to find her enamored by something as plain as my face. I enjoyed her flummoxed behavior, nervous laugh and pure innocence at being caught doing something mundane. In fact, I always secretly craved her attention, to always find her fixated on me.

"Studying me?"

"Trying to" she quickly replied.

"And what did you find?"

"That you look nice in my bed and you will look better if you are naked"

"A very good morning" I stifled my laughter at her seriousness and grabbed her wrists to pull her on top of me. I gently laid my head back on the pillows as Y/N giggled, positioning herself to sit on me while safely holding on to her cookies. I watched her take bites after bites until there was nothing left and her slow humming of an unknown tune left me relaxed. There was nothing sexual about her being on top of me, just a small sense of gratification as she finally decided to pay attention.

"Morning Mr. Hatake" a cute grin etched on her face while she lowered her head towards mine, our lips brushed past each other softly before claiming the plump flesh with ever yearning passion. My hands snaked to her neck, grabbing it tenderly I pulled her underneath as I hovered over her. Bodies now electrified, a taste of chocolate and vanilla gave familiarity that I had missed. There was a time this simple touch was part of my regularity; I could wake up any day to find her next to me, ready to let me push into her and enjoy the way her breaths labored. My lips trailed to her neck, sucking on the soft flesh before pecking my way to her nose. Even though there was absolutely nothing I wanted more than just fuck her, I knew how fatigued she truly was. The aftermath of being poisoned was still evident on her skin- slight purplish hues, somewhat colder temperature and she couldn't properly open her eyes for too long as they burned. We finally looked at each other, satisfied by our company after days of separation.