CHAPTER SEVEN

Y/N's P.O.V

Iruka...Iruka...Iruka...

He made me feel so warm; those tender brown locks and eyes oozed with kindness. However, there was another repulsive feeling inside that constantly warned me. I was not supposed to feel this way for that person; but it was nothing romantic. An uprising of platonic bond swatted my memories- he made me feel 'okay'. Yes, I felt all right to be the way I was. It was also frustrating to feel my memories develop at the corner of my mind but decided to not reveal themselves. I knew this man but I couldn't remember him.

"Ugh" this was why I wanted to stay away from Konoha. These gut wrenching emotions that confused me were untamable. First, the frightening fear of being ambushed, the constant paranoia of being attacked and lastly, the people of this village. It was not that I felt awkward but there was always a tingling sensation whenever Kakashi was around me; I felt oddly charged, electrified and to be honest, his nonchalant attitude towards me was simply irritating. I took out a small backpack and put in extra clothes, weaponries and some chocolate to douse my sweet cravings. My heart was still beating too loud. This was my first real mission in twenty-three years! I was the oldest one amongst my team to be far behind. I wonder if that was what put Kakashi's mind off me. "Does he like his strong women?" Wait, why was I thinking about his preference? Shaking my thoughts off I focused on what I was doing at the moment, yes, I was contemplating my life's choices. This was no less than an S-rank mission or better yet, above! We were marching to Sunagakure as the Kazekage's personal rescue team who happened to be a Jinchuriki and now, we were sending our own Jinchuriki to them.

"Just what in the world is Tsunade-sama planning? Sending Naruto straight to the Akatsuki's lair? That's disastrous!" I spoke to no one in particular. To think that I wasn't able to enjoy this luxurious house deteriorated my mood. At least with Touchan, he wanted us to have some sort of entertainment before leaving for gruesome trainings. I hadn't even come to Konoha for more than a day and I was already teamed up and sent to a life-threatening mission. Closing my eyes, I leaned towards the main gate before locking it.

"It's going to be alright. We will save the Kazekage, Naruto will come home unhurt and then I will get to sleep as much as I want to" I smiled, "Unless Kakashi plans to take in more missions" instantly that happiness died. To be completely honest, stepping into this distantly familiar territory unnerved me. My state of reality was warping in and out of existence, something that I dreaded to encounter. However, if I could convince Touchan maybe he would allow me to leave Konoha- it was better to leave past in the past than facing it.

I took my sweet time arriving at the designated spot as a form of revenge for what the team captain did in the early hours of dawn. Kakashi was not having it, his brow was furrowed and the previous authority rang loudly in his presence. Just by that one look, he had already established who the dominating one amongst us was. In order to not bask in his greatness, I turned my head to the right noticing the two lean guards who were talking to each other, fairly unbothered by our presence. It was a daily occurrence to them, seeing many shinobis leave the gates and many come back as corpse. One had sleek black hair and the other had his hair almost shaved- they couldn't be more than twenty. Soft footfalls alerted me and when I turned back, the first person my eyes landed on were Iruka. My lips curved upwards watching him and there was also a slight glint in his eyes, one that I did not mind seeing. It would be fair to say that the man was undeniably handsome, contained a soft expression and had an approachable demeanor, unlike someone else I knew. I was about to say something, anything actually to get to know him better but Naruto's loud voice interrupted my tempo. I still felt uncomfortable to make the first move, not when we were in a grave situation.