CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Guys, you know what happens when an author publishes too many chapters within a month? It means soon, I will ran out of will to write for a few weeks before publishing another chapter! 😡 The tension is real! .

.

.

.

.

.

Kakashi's P.O.V

Daylight had welcomed itself into my vicinity, awakening the dark gloom I was enduring. It wasn't strange for me to feel this way yet, with Y/N constantly in my thoughts, it was hard not to feel lonelier. Breakfast and lunch was out of the question now that nutrition was poured into my system intravenously. All throughout morning I was alone, quietly reading the deluxe edition of Icha-Icha Paradise whilst drowning in memories and undesired judgements. Akako had visited me in the morning, once again trying to strike up a conversation as if we were old pals. I didn't have it in me to be blunt and ask her to leave me unaccompanied; she was still the nurse in charge of me therefore, I paid her the respect and attention she deserved although, I requested to be left alone during afternoon and to my surprise, she complied. I could not spend it the way I preferred however, since a group of unwanted guests made themselves comfortable while I was hospitalized.

"Akako? Oh no..." Kurenai muttered as she combed her hair with her free hands, looking worriedly at the rest of the Jonins who had requested a day off from Godaime in order to visit me. Exactly what persuaded Tsunade-sama to actually accept this appeal was beyond my understanding. In their presence, I opted to put my favorite book away and somberly participated in their conversation.

"Kakashi, you do know this is going to be a problem" I shrugged feeling dreadful after surviving in just saline solution for almost two days. Y/N didn't visit me in the morning and now it was almost dusk. Where was she? Did Tsunade-sama assign her to border patrolling with Izumo and Kotetsu? Or was she just tired of spending her free time with someone she found 'useless'?

"If Akako says something about your past then I don't think it will sit well with Y/N" Genma once again spoke after not receiving any response.

"What am I supposed to do? Turn back time and not do half the things I did?" I was clearly aggravated with how much controversy they were creating regarding the petite, brown-skinned nurse. I had not asked Akako to handle my cases and Shizune took this decision. I was sure the medical department knew she was reliable and even I acknowledged that the woman was an excellent medical-ninja.

"No" Asuma began, "but you can honestly just tell Akako that you're not interested in her"

"I said that the moment we had sex; it was just casual. Friends with benefits, no strings attached...you name it. The very first time we had sex, I was clear that I never had feelings for her"

"Tch... You were such a whore" Genma brusquely stated.

"And I will pluck your teeth with that shenbon Genma, if you don't shut up!" Kurenai's angry voice caused the brunette to raise his hands in defeat as he cautiously shook his head at Asuma, who had cowered under his girlfriend's austerity. I could notice the sensitivity grown on in Asuma; he smoked less and was pristine in the way he dressed these days. Although, like Y/N and me, the Jonins decided it was best to keep their relationship secretive. If Y/N hadn't lost her memories, she would have been thrilled to hear they were finally dating.

"I had told you from the start Kakashi, Akako was obsessed with you" Ebisu said, earning nods from everyone in the room. Raido and Aoba couldn't visit me as they were stationed for guarding mission regarding a complex scroll that was being delivered to Sunagakure. After the recent events, Konoha had offered to deliver three of our tech-Jonins to increase Suna's security systems and for that, two of our best had to monitor the exchange and work progress.