CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE

Y/N'S P.O.V. 

My heart couldn't restrain the gloom it was about to face in a matter of twenty-four hours. My body was in a state of cold fever that never stopped pestering me and all through the night, I was frightened of this Kakashi appearing before me. When I woke up from the dead slumber, the first initial thoughts were how to tackle this world which seemed new but had been once a part of my regular life; not matrimonial responsibility.

What did I know about marriage?

I was handed a book as a 'gift' to ensure I wasn't completely useless in the relationship. Kurenai had been deeply embarrassed but knew that she was not to defy Sandaime. I had read up until chapters twenty-seven before tossing it far away from me. It had started with how to monitor one's comportment and temperament with their husbands/wives but soon, the suggestions turned quite sexual. How to initiate sex or how to give more pleasure to your husband, and if these were not enough, I was reading how the first attempt to consummate the marriage would be an indicator of how long the union would last. Now I was even more pressed! I needed to look perfect so that he would find me appealing, I had to flutter my lashes and respond to his touches and above all, I knew that to impress him, I had to give him – this Kakashi – the right to touch me. Heat spread across my body and neck imagining lips on my skin. What would it feel like? Was I going to enjoy the sizzling sensation between my legs, or would I silently shed tears in the bathroom once he was done with me? Worse! What if he wasn't even interested in my body?

There were so many questions left and I wanted to talk to the man himself! Why was he keen on marrying me? Just one word and he could free us both from this unnecessary wedding. To some extent, I had expected tragic news that would terminate this event. But as the hours passed by and no other visitors came to see me, I concluded that this marriage was taking place whether I approved of it or not. Because Sandaime had decreed that this union was important for me and Kakashi Hatake had agreed to become my husband. For life.

Tears rolled down my cheeks just thinking about the horrible impression I would make. I was a girl who hadn't been allowed to walk the streets of Konoha, then I was whisked away to this tower to finally shove me in the hands of a strange man. I was lost and these people thought of me as a suitable partner who could serve and satisfy an S-rank Jonin. That much I had mustered to figure out. Kakashi Hatake was also known for his ruthless tactics, his austere disciplinary actions and that he was strong enough to battle against a team of rogue shinobis. The more I learned about his glorious victories, the more I realized that I was merely a twig in comparison that he could snap in half with his thumbs. Blood rushed to my face again as dirty thoughts invaded my mind – perhaps to make it sound better. To somehow turn this enforced marriage into a fairytale. My mind pictured a handsome man who would fall in love with me on the very first day of our marriage and we would live happily ever after. However, I wasn't naïve to believe this fantasy. Kakashi Hatake was not going to make it easy for me and my anxious state of being would be too wary of his presence in the house. Oh god, the house... we would be living in one. Sharing a bed and so many things!

A sudden knock broke my reverie. I stopped chewing my thumb as I looked at the door. The hair on my back stood tall and firm. Who could it be at such an odd hour? I was forbidden from opening the door for anyone past ten o'clock. It was now eleven. The three knocks sounded gentle and controlled, and it instilled an odd sense of calmness, as if I had somehow heard this many times in my life. I wasn't sure what took over me, but I pulled the blanket off me and walked towards the locked door. It was everything I was asked not to do but my hands were moving on their own. They turned the knob graciously and in seconds, opened the door wide. Cold wind blew into my room as I gasped, feeling exposed to the moonlight shining onto me. Konoha looked so... peaceful with lanterns glowing dimly against the dark-lit sky. The fresh night air and the stars mesmerized me so much that I had momentarily forgotten about the one who had knocked on my door. The sounds of cricket and owls were tranquilizing, helping me relax as its touch left feathery kisses all over my bare skin. I was wearing just a long gown with nothing underneath. Not that there was any need to be in proper dress – at least, until I was married.