CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Kakashi's P.O.V

*flashback begins*

"And let all of Konoha get a taste of this? I would rather you enjoy it, our little secret" she giggled, her cheeks slightly chubby and rosy. It greatly pleased me to see her enjoying my meal and in some ways, that was something I hadn't been able to do for her. Y/N had previously never been inside my house before and it was harder for me to bring her cooked food in fear that Midori might had noticed the sudden influx of homemade meals being delivered to her residence. A certain giddiness possessed me at the thought of my beloved wife, her tiny hands and puffy cheeks, luscious H/C hair and lovely eyes that outshined the stars of the heavens above. Kami, I could stare at her all day and night but there were other matters needed tending. "By the way, I will be going away tomorrow morning"

"Another mission?" she asked, taking a small bite of the fish I had cooked for us.

"Yes, but it will be a long one"

"How long?"

"Three days. I am travelling to the village of sand as a bodyguard"

"Three days" she repeated, her brows furrowed as she thought about the information I fed her, "a long time" she nervously claimed. More than her, my nerves jolted every fraction of a second in fear that I would soon be leaving her alone in my estate after the cruel incident. 

"I know" rubbing my nape guiltily, I returned her nervous smile as well. Earlier today, I had tried triggering her memories. It was not as horrible as others would imagine but I simply hinted that I enjoyed eating cakes, which was a blatant lie. I had no hankering towards sweetness but she did. She was unhealthily obsessed with sweets and even though it worried me, I wanted to bring back her essence- something that solely defined her.

Come morning, as said the day before, I had to leave my house and my wife. My summons were trained to not speak of anything related to our past especially Pakkun. He had a soft spot for Y/N that was worrying me, implementing the punishment all of us would face in case of any mishap with Y/N's health and safety, I set off to the Hokage Tower. It had been around one month since she officially came to my life and it generated a profound feeling of love, desire and want. The fresh Konoha air fell beneath her presence, her aroma was something that could infiltrate my rationale. I enjoyed the sweetness she had brought to the desolated house. It had been difficult to have her around but unable to touch her, to feel her and to hear her whisper my name, gently reminding me that I had her, that she was marked by me and that I belonged to her. A ghostly smile disturbed my stoicism as I walked up the stairs to Sandaime's office where I had been beckoned for a mission. The subject of concern was not Suna; in fact, it was my wife's current state that needed to be updated. I had to lie to her in order to spare three days for the investigation we were currently holding. Thoughts whooshed in and out of my conscience as Sandaime's office door came to view and two guards allowed me in. Inside was a group of people, some I considered tolerable whilst the others were to be cautious of. Council leaders, Homura-sama, Koharu-sama and Danzo, alongside a few leaders of well-established clans like Shikaku Nara, Inoichi Yamanaka and Hiashi Hyuga. In the middle stood Genma, his shenbon resting idly on the side and his hands fiddling inside the pockets, as if the cool composure was slowly breaking in front of such unwanted and powerful guests.

"Welcome Kakashi" Sandaime's calm voice soothed my poor nerves as Genma's undisclosed anxiety seemed contagious.

"Good morning Sandaime-sama" he smiled and gestured me to stand in the middle next to my fellow friend.

"Took you long enough" the bandana wearing man snickered, "what? Got caught up in bed?"

"You think about me in bed?"