CHAPTER TWELVE

RISE| sasuke uchiha by shisuistan

This is one of my most favorite authors and I absolutely love their writing style. Each one of their stories are different and of course, they contain our lovely boys! I am sure by now all of us NaruHoes know this author and the fantastic stories. Give this one a read because I loved all the details and intertwining aspects that beautifully uncovered a story that is bound to take your heart! Mind you, this part is the sequel to another short story so hopefully you will find the first book before reading this one.

.

.

.

.

.

Kakashi's P.O.V

Once I had laid out the plans and how to capture the enemy alongside Gaara, the team moved forward. Naruto and I ran by each other's side whereas, Y/N was behind us. There might had been severe bias during the whole ordeal, having been watched my wife almost get shredded to pieces I was reluctant for her to be on the front line. Instead, I argued that it would be best if she was directly following Naruto and if needed, shield him from incoming attacks by Deidara. This allowed me the chance to shield her in return if anything went wrong. The whole mission reminded me of Land of Snow. Y/N with her pregnant belly had decided to have a trip of her own, not caring about Godaime and definitely not fearing for her life or our children's. Similarly, just like that mission, I was more focused on her wellbeing. I kept praying to Kami that in some ways Y/N was left alone by the Akatsuki.

"Kakashi sensei, aren't you ready yet?"

"It's about ready now" I cleared my mind from the addictive fog of my past life revealing an arsenal that no one had seen before. The Sharingan made it easier to have an eagle's view of my surrounding, not to mention the density of chakra was the highest around this area of my appearance.

"That's the thing you were talking about before?" Naruto prodded into the matter.

"That's right. It's my new Sharingan. Let's go!" we focused on Deidara who seemed to have gotten higher above, completely trying to throw us off the range. By then, it was clear to me that the boy knew that none of us were good at long ranged battles...well, too bad that he was underestimating me.

"Naruto, Y/N" they looked at me, keenly observing the new sight of my Sharingan, "both of you, get back a little" Naruto obliged as he slowed his steps, matching that of his sister. I slightly nodded before looking sharply at the criminal who was flying high and mighty, toying with the Kazekage's corpse. Taking a deep breath in, I used the Mangekyo Sharingan. Reality warped around Deidara, as a dimensional portal opened. It was hard to get it moving according to my will yet; I exercised a greater deal of chakra onto bringing it closer to Deidara. The suction force of the portal caused him to almost get drawn inside and because he was being pulled to an unknown dimension, the boy started irregularly flying everywhere in order to escape it. Due to not being able to control the size or location of the dimensional barrier very well, Deidara finally escaped the trap and zapped the wings of his clay bird faster to get away. I had missed the first chance, damn it! It pretty much hurt, my eyes felt ready to burn themselves whilst a hazy vision obscured whatever I was seeing. And even though a pounding headache started attacking me, I had to carry on with the battle. This wasn't a fight to just show off my Mangekyo Sharingan only to fail on first attempt. This was a matter of life and death.

"I won't miss next time" believing the words, I unleashed the power of the Sharingan: Kamui, hoping this time it would suck in the bomber to an unknown realm. The amount of chakra this required was astounding and slowly, I could feel the reserves emptying by the seconds. Sweat covered my body and I started breathing harshly, using Kamui was proving to be dire than I had thought it to be. Even though I chased the blonde-haired Akatsuki boy with the visual jutsu, he soon redirected his bird to fly in between many trees and bushes, completely hiding himself from my vision. The jutsu broke apart as I lost sight of him.