CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Kakashi's P.O.V

I wasn't sure how many days passed but unbearably, I recalled the constant headache and voices zoning in and out of my surroundings. The pain only grew as Guy's boisterous laughter and Lee's victorious screams intensified my beaten state. Most that I felt was someone trying to make me drink water every now and then however, when I finally opened my eyes, the gloomy hospital ceiling greeted me. The sun hadn't been out, it was cloudy outside, and even then, light illuminated the entire room much to my displeasure. From out of the left corner, a head full of blonde hair appeared with his sparkling blue eyes.

"Oh! He's awake!" Naruto chirped at the top of his voice.

"So, I'm back here again" a blanket sheltered my face as I eyed everyone in the room. Guy was unusually happy; his team possessing their signature looks of overexcitement, impassiveness and downright tiresome. Naruto and Sakura were relieved and beside them, leaning against the windowsill was my wife. Her arms crossed over the chest, hair unkempt and disarrayed, she didn't speak but in her eyes I had seen something I wasn't expecting- worry. A flicker of memory crossed me, as I was taken back to the past. My body hunched over as Y/N sat next to me, her mouth covered with cookie crumbs. I had fought Itachi, which led to losing consciousness for around four weeks. Back then, I had the privilege to wake up to her kisses... oh, what wouldn't I do to go back to my golden days?

"Good job, Kakashi" Tsunade-sama walked in, followed by Shizune who was holding a medical file under her arms. By then, my headache had subsided however, a low thud continued to batter my head.

"Godaime" I tried getting up to address her but my muscles rioted in mutiny. I immediately fell back, feeling heavier than before and an instant burn spiked all around my joints. I couldn't move my body even if I exerted my chakra.

"No, Kakashi sensei! Don't push yourself" Sakura's concerned voice scolded me a little.

"I examined you earlier, but you need to be in bed for a week" Tsunade-sama began to go through what had become my usual life, I was sent to life threatening missions only to return half-dead although, I was a Jonin notoriously known to never fail a mission, using Mangekyo Sharingan had depleted my energy, "It will be a few more days until you can return to duty"

"I guess that's how it goes" I said monotonously.

"Seems it will take a while until you can master the new Sharingan" she teased watching my fallen state.

"Yes"

"Just rest. Try not to push yourself for a while. Team Guy should rest today too. You can turn in the report later. Let's go Shizune" as Tsunade-sama walked out of the room sliding the door, Sakura ran after her master. One by one, everyone bid me farewell and at one point, even Y/N decided she was going to take rest when Guy chimed in.

"Actually, Y/N-chan"

"Hai"

"I think you should stay here with Kakashi for a while"

"Why?" my heartrate accelerated just thinking about what Guy was trying to do.

"You are new to the team and might I add, the only adult accompanying Kakashi. It's usually a good bonding moment to stay until a nurse dismisses visiting hours. And just to keep an eye out for him because he really isn't in the best state to defend himself if someone attacks"

"Of course!" she slapped her forehead, "You are right! I am sure this is normal to stay with your captain"

"It is!" it was flabbergasting to see how naïve she was, it pulled on my heartstrings to see her effortlessly being manipulated by Guy of all people, "It is part of our shinobi trainings. We also visit the wounded members every day and learn their updates"