29 - How Far We Have Come

**FEW MONTHS LATER**

Brady and I had come back home from New York after a couple of weeks. Brady was getting fussy not being home and even though we had Chris with us we just really wanted to be home.

"So, he will be home later tonight?" Lisa asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks for taking Brady for tonight. Chris and I haven't been together in months..." I was saying and Lisa held up her hand.

"I get it. Should I expect another grandchild soon?" Lisa asked and I laughed but shrugged.

"Well, I haven't been getting my shots since we decided to try, so it's a possibility." I said and Lisa smiled. Brady was in the playpen already at Lisa's playing with some toys.

"I mean he will be two by the time the baby comes along. That would be a good age difference, right?" I asked and Lisa nodded.

"Yeah, it would be perfect." Lisa said and then she looked at me. "You okay with adding more kids though? I mean when he almost missed Brady's party you were panicking."

"Yeah, I know and that was stupid of me. I have to come to the conclusion that things happen beyond his control. He told me he would try harder, but things happen." I said and Lisa smiled.

"You know, can I just say when you guys started on this journey together of the whole staying pregnant and making it work together, I never thought you two would be here." Lisa said and I looked at her oddly.

"Be here where?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"Be here, still together, not just together but married and now talking about having a second baby. You two really surprised me." Lisa said.

"Yeah, well it didn't come without it's challenges." I said and she nodded.

"That it did but you two made it through everything. I love that you two did." She said and I smiled.

"We really struggled but I love Chris more than anything and I will take whatever it comes with. Consequences and all." I said causing us both to laugh. I slightly shook my head and looked at the time.

"Well, he will be getting in soon so I should get home and get ready." I said and Lisa shook her head with a small laugh. I walked over and kissed Brady.

"Mamamamama." Brady rambled and I smiled.

"You really need to work on dada before he gets home." I said and Brady giggled.

"I'll work with him tonight. When should I bring him by tomorrow?" Lisa asked and I shrugged.

"How about we just come get him when we want to have him back..." I trailed off and she laughed but nodded.

"Alright just don't forget about him." Lisa said and I smiled.

"Never." I said. I then walked out the front door and knew it was time to go home and get ready for my husband to come home and us possibly not leaving the bed at all.

💓💓💓

I was lying in bed in the sexiest set of lingerie I knew Chris loved but hadn't been able to wear for a while after having Brady. I never felt sexy in it but since being back from New York I had been taking better care of myself and I was back to a better, healthier body.

I heard the front door opened and I smiled knowing he was home.

"Pais?!" Chris called out and I smiled shaking my head proving he didn't read the text I sent him.

"Bedroom." I called back. I heard him coming into the room and he opened the door and stopped dead.

We both looked at each other in shock.