20 - Long Awaited Talk

I was sitting on the couch waiting for Chris to arrive at Shanna's. She had just left to give us privacy to have our talk even though I begged her to not stay. She said if she stayed at the house, she wouldn't be able to hold her tongue even from another room. I looked down and my bell bump, five months and very prominent. I sighed as I rubbed my belly.

"I'm sorry you are being brought into this craziness. I'm sure your dad and I can figure shit out soon, at least try to. I just looked at the clock and saw it was time for Chris to arrive. Maybe he wouldn't show up, maybe he forgot, maybe he thought I wasn't worth all of this drama in his life, maybe...

I didn't have any more time to think since there was a knock on the door and I sighed. I got up and walked to the front door and opened it to see Chris standing there. He looked like hell. Dark circles under his red-rimmed eyes. Face sunken in, hair a mess and all around he looked horrible. He saw me and instantly wrapping me in his embrace and held on to me. I hugged him back and just held on to him. As he held on to me, I felt the pain and Chris did too making him spring apart from me and I smiled.

"What was that?" Chris asked as we walking into the house and sat on the couch.

"The baby started kicking a few days ago." I said and Chris sighed.

"I'm missing everything Pais." Chris said in a whisper. I grabbed his hand and placed his hand on my stomach. I gently poked one side of my stomach and the baby kicked again and Chris smiled at me.

"That's amazing." Chris said and I smiled.

"Yeah, but kills me." I said and we both gave a small laugh. I went to release Chris's hand, but he interlaced our fingers. "Chris..." I said and he shook his head.

"I know I messed up Pais and I want to do whatever I can to make it up to you." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, you know there is nothing you can do to take it back though, right? I mean it's out there and it's still circulating. They want to know who I am. Meaning I have to live like a hermit because I can't be seen with you or anything. People are going to put two and two together a lot quicker now. I should be able to go out and shop for baby furniture, baby clothes, have all the joys an expectant mother should have but because of your big mouth I can't. Everyone else is going to get to do that." I ranted and Chris sighed and dropped his head.

"I know Pais and I wish I could go back in time. I fucked up. I was just so excited when the reporter asked, and I just blurted it out. I love you so much Pais and I love this baby and I just can't wait for this next adventure with you." Chris said and I sighed as he looked up at me.

"I know but what do we do about me being seen?" I asked.

"You get seen."

"What?!" I asked shocked.

"If we go out and get seen together and your baby bump showing now it will put everything at rest. I mean I know it's not ideal, but it may be the only thing to do. I want you to be able to enjoy is pregnancy." Chris said and I sighed and nodded.

"I don't know Chris, I mean doesn't it just lead to people wanting more?" I asked.

"Not when I ask for our privacy." Chris said and I sighed, and he just took ahold of my other hand, and I looked at him. "Paisley, I know nothing I say or do will make up for the huge mistake I made by blurting out the news. I love you and I just need to prove that and how sorry I am. I'm willing to do anything to make it up to you..." Chris said, and I just felt my eyes fill with tears. Truth, was I missed Chris, I missed him more than anything in the world. I felt tears start to fall, Chris released one of my hands and wiped the tears away. He then placed a hand under my chin and lifted my face to look at him.

"Chris, I know you say it was a slip and I know you're sorry but how do I know you won't do it again. When this baby is born, I want it to be just us, not us and the entire world or your fan base." I said and he groaned.

"And it won't be Paisley, I promise. From here on out it's me and you. My family a little too for the help and your parents when they come in but just us." Chris said, leaning in and placed a small kiss on my lips.

"It's just so much Chris..." I said and he sighed and nodded.

"Can you please find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me and come home?" Chris asked and I sighed looking down at my stomach knowing we needed to be home with Chris and be around him, so he didn't miss anything else.

I looked up at Chris and sighed.

"I need you to understand Chris that if I come back home it doesn't mean I fully forgive you or that I fully trust you. If I come home, I would like to sleep in one of the guest rooms until I fully forgive you and trust you again." I said and Chris groaned.

"Seriously Paisley?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"You can't be mad at me Chris. I'm making a compromise here with you." I said and he sighed but nodded.

"You are...I need to do the same." Chris grumbled.

"So...?" I asked.

"As long as I have you home with me Paisley I don't care where you sleep until you trust me again, I just hope its soon." Chris said. I just half nodded. He leaned in and his lips lightly brushed mine.

"Please tell me I can kiss you." Chris said and I smirked with a small nod.

"I have missed you enough to let you do that." I said and Chris smiled as he gently but passionately kissed me placing his free hand on my stomach and the baby kicked. We broke apart and laughed.

"Well, someone is already stealing the show." Chris said and I laughed.

"Like father, like baby." I said he smiled, leaning in and kissing me again.

"Let's go home." Chris said and I gave a small nod.