3 - Need to Talk

**A MONTH AND A HALF LATER**

I was sitting in my doctor's office in the stupid paper gown and just waiting for him to come back into the room with my text results. I looked at my feet dangling and just wanted to run out of here. As I was waiting my cellphone went off. I grabbed it from my purse that was on the hook hanging beside me.

Shanna: You still coming over to Ma's for lunch?

Paisley: Yeah, I might just be a few minutes late. You guys can start without me.

Shaana: Everything okay?

Paisley: Yeah, just had to make a quick stop somewhere. I'm almost done.

Shanna: Okay well, we will see you soon.

As I put my phone away my doctor walked in.

"Alright Paisley, I got your results here. We should talk." She said and I sighed and nodded.

"I'm pretty sure I know what it says. I was just here to confirm the five home tests were right." I said and she laughed.

"Five, Paisley?!" She asked and I nodded.

"I needed to be sure. This wasn't planned at all. It's still not." I said and she sighed.

"I know this isn't my place but, the father?" She asked and I shook my head with a shrug.

"I know who it is, but I don't think he will be a part of its life." I said and the doctor sighed and handed me some pamphlets.

"These are organizations to help single mothers." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. She also handed me the paper with the test results.

"Now you are only about a month and a half along. A lot of women usually wait until the end of the first trimester to tell everyone." She said and I nodded.

"I got it. I do have to at least tell the father...possibly." I said and got up started grabbing my clothes and putting my pants on while the gown was on.

"Well good luck Paisley. I want to see you again next month and check everything out." She said and I nodded handing me an appointment reminder card. She then walked out, and I finished getting dressed.

I drove in a daze to Lisa's house, and I didn't know what to do. I knew Chris needed to know, we were idiots to not use anything or even think this wouldn't happen. He needed to know, right? I mean he was the father. Would he believe me? Would he even care? I didn't know what to do and worrying wasn't going to do any good.

As I got to Lisa's I just walked in and smiled hearing chatting coming from the kitchen. It was Carly, Chris's other sister, Shanna and Lisa.

"Hello?!" I called out as I walked to the kitchen, and they all smiled seeing me coming in. I saw Lisa pull her famous chicken parmesan from the oven and I smiled. I then caught a whiff of it. I placed one hand on my stomach and one over my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I barely got to the toilet before I lost all the contents of my stomach into it. As I was getting sick, I felt someone touch my back and help me hold back my hair.

"Let it out paisley." Lisa's soothing voice said.

"Lisa..."

"I'm a mother of four. I know the difference between the flu and morning sickness. You want to be upfront and honest, or do I have to say it?" Lisa asked.

"I'm pregnant."

"I know. I didn't know you were this serious with anyone." Lisa said and I just shook my head as I leaned against the wall.