16 - Love Story

**PAISLEY POV**

After the hassle of flying and traveling almost a whole day, I was walking up to the door to the house I knew I would be accepted at, no questions asked. I knocked and waited. Once the door opened, I was met by my dad face.

"Paisley?!" He asked in shock, and I smiled as he pulled me into a hug and then my mom came rushing in and saw me.

"Hey guys." I said hugging both my parents.

"What are you doing here? Is Chris with you?" Janice asked and I shook my head.

"Um...I don't think Chris and I will be together anymore." I said.

"Don't think you'll be together? I don't understand..." Pat said as we walked into the living room and sat down. My dad took my bag from me.

"Well, he crossed a line, and I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I just can't be in Boston once the news breaks." I said and they looked at me confused.

"What is going on?" Pat asked.

"I told Chris I didn't want to announce us together or that I was pregnant, and he did an interview that will be on tv soon and he outed both things." I said and they both sighed.

"So, you run to Australia to get away from him?" Janice asked and I sighed.

"I had to go someplace he wouldn't think about, and I knew that was here." I said.

Both my parents just looked at me and sighed.

"Sweetie, how far along are you now?" Janice asked.

"About four and half months." I said.

"Should you really be flying and traveling almost twenty-four hours to just get here?" Pat asked and I nodded.

"It was fine, I cleared it through my doctor before I got here. I had a sonogram done for you guys before I left." I said grabbing it from my purse and handing it to them. They started gushing over it and I smiled. As they were gushing my cellphone went off. It was noon here in Australia, so I knew it was still the night before in Boston, especially when I saw who was calling me.

"I'll be right back." I said and walked out to the back deck of my parents' house that overlooked the water.

"Hey Carly."

"About time you answer! What the hell?!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to take some time and turn my phone off." I said.

"Where are you?" Carly asked.

"Chris with you?" I asked. There was silence and I sighed. "Then you know I'm not going to tell you."

"He is just going to tear Massachusetts apart looking for you."

"Let him, I'm not in Massachusetts." I said and she sighed.

"Come on Paisley, running instead of talking?!" Chris yelled from the background.

"Chris shut up." Carly said.

"Tell him I wouldn't have had to run if he would have kept his damn mouth shut." I said and Carly sighed.

"Come home." Carly said.

"No, I told Chris in the note, I'm doing this alone now. So, I hope he can make that known in another interview." I said and Carly groaned. "I love you Carly, give my love to everyone but Chris. I'll call you later. I have to go." I said and hung up.

Once I hung up, I crossed my arms, hugging myself and looking out at the water.

"Doing it by yourself huh?" I heard my dad say coming outside.

"I think so..." I said and Pat sighed. He put as arm around my shoulder, and I turned and wrapped my arms around my dad's midsection. I sighed as tears filled my eyes. "I don't know if I can do it alone." I said as tears fell.

"So don't, you can stay here as long as you need." Pat said and I sighed.

"Thanks dad. I bet you thought when I finally came home for an extended stay, it wouldn't be because I was running from the man who knocked me up." I said and Pat chuckled.

"I will take a visit from you, knocked up or not." Pat said and I smiled. He kissed the top of my head.

"Your mom is making lunch, lets head inside." Pat said and I nodded.

💓💓💓

I was lying in bed that night and sighed. It was midnight where I was, and I was just holding my cellphone looking at an open text to Chris. I sighed and bit the bullet.

Pais: I just want to text you and tell you that you don't need to worry, I'm fine, the baby is fine, and we are safe. Chris, I meant what I said in the note and to Carly on the phone, I'm doing this alone. I can't trust you to respect me or my wishes.

I sent the text and then put the phone on my bedside table. I felt the tears falling out of the corners of my eyes as I stared at the ceiling. After about half an hour I got a text come through my phone and I sighed seeing it was from Chris. It was a video.

"I know you don't want to hear from me most likely and trust me I'm not very happy right now. This has nothing to do with you leaving...well maybe a little to do with you leaving but I take blame. Right now, I just want to play something for you. If you feel like you have to do this alone Paisley, I will respect whatever you want. I have something I need to play for you, you don't have respond but just know I love you."

Chris took a deep breath and started playing on the piano and I knew instantly he was playing Love Story by Taylor Swift. The song we sang together before.

"I will only sing Taylor Swift for you Paisley." Chris said once he finished and then the video stopped. I realized I had sat up since and I crying. I put my phone down on the bedside table, laid back down and cried myself to sleep.