6 - You Mean It?

**LISA POV**   

It had been a couple days since I had been to see Paisley and I was still waiting to see Chris. As I was sitting reading on the couch the front door opened.

"Ma?!" I heard him call out.

"In the living room." I said and Chris walked in and kissed my cheek, then sat down.

"Hey, how is filming going?" I asked and he smiled.

"Good, nice to have a day off though." Chris said and I smiled with a nod.

We were silent for a minute, and I knew he was thinking of Paisley.

"Have you heard from her?" I asked and Chris looked at me.

"Who?" Chris asked and I glared at him.

"You know who I mean Chris, don't play dumb." I said and he sighed.

"Paisley, no I haven't. I haven't tried to be honest. I can only listen to her voicemail so many times before I go insane." Chris explained.

"Well, I want you to know something, and you not get mad at me." I said and Chris looked at me.

"Not sure where this is going but okay." Chris said and I sighed.

"I've seen her, I went and saw her." I said and Chris looked at me in shock.

"How did you get in?!"

"I have a spare key to her house. She gave it to me a year ago. So I went, bought her groceries and went to check on her." I spoke.

"How is she? Is she taking care of herself? Of the baby?!" Chris asked panicked. I put a hand over his on his bouncing leg.

"She is fine, the baby is fine, all is fine. She is having an issue though Chris." I spoke.

"With what?" I asked.

"Her believing you have loved her since she was fifteen. I even told her about you talking to her parents and me about dating and being with her. I told her why you didn't eventually ask her out and she seemed upset. I think she just needs a lot of reassurance Chris." I explained and he nodded.

"I want to give her that, I want to show her she is everything to me. She is all I want." Chris said and I smiled.

"Good, I was hoping that was the answer." I said and grabbed the key from the coffee table.

"She told me to give you this when I saw you next and for you to come over when you're ready." I said and Chris took the key from me, and I smiled.

"I'm ready." Chris said, kissed my cheek and went out the door before I even had a chance to stop him.

**CHRIS POV**

I made a quick stop before I went to her house. Once I arrived, I unlocked the door, and the house was silent. I knew she was home, her car was still here. I set my keys in her bowl by the table. I already put her house key on my key ring.

"Pais?" I called out walking around the house and not finding her. I made it finally to her bedroom door and opened it to find her fast asleep on her bed curled up under the blankets. I sighed seeing her. I kicked off my shoes and crawled into bed beside her. I lay facing her and just watched her sleep. I gently ran my fingers down her cheek, and she didn't even flinch. I knew she was a heavy sleeper from when we had sex, she didn't even flinch when I moved her to the other bed.

Moving her in the middle of the night that night was the stupidest thing I ever did. I needed her next to me and I screwed that up. She is everything to me and has been for a very long time. I knew I was supposed to ask her out when she turned sixteen, her parents said I could, they would have accepted it but since things were happening for me in Hollywood, I didn't want to get it out there that I was dating someone who was sixteen and I was twenty-one, that wouldn't have gone over well. We now had our chance and a baby on the way. I placed my hand flat on her stomach and she smiled in her sleep as I did, and I just watched her sleep.

**NORMAL POV**

I woke up and my eyes were instantly met with a sleeping person next to me facing me and I smiled seeing it was Chris. His hand was placed on my stomach, and I smiled putting mine over his and interlaced our fingers for a minute. This felt right, this felt perfect. I released his hand and gently slid out of bed. I was hungry and I needed to make some food.

I walked into the kitchen, and I pulled out some macaroni noodles and started boiling water. After some time, I was mixing my cheese blend into the macaroni, and I felt someone watching me.

"Don't worry, I made enough for two." I said and Chris laughed.

"What did you make exactly?" Chris asked and I laughed.

"Don't worry I don't have weird pregnancy cravings...yet. I made some boneless wings tossed in mild buffalo sauce and white cheese mac and cheese. Once the cheese is mixed and melted, I will mix in the chicken." I said and Chris smiled.

"Sounds amazing." Chris said and I smiled.

"I saw the cute little stuffed Koala on the couch." I said and Chris smiled.

"Yeah, I wanted to get something for the baby, but I wasn't sure what. When I was going through the stuffed animals the Koala spoke to me." Chris said and I smiled.

"Well, he is adorable, and I think no matter what boy or girl you picked the nursery theme." I said and Chris looked at me oddly.

"Which would be?" Chris asked.

"Jungle...you picked a Koala, we go jungle themed. Cute little baby animals." I said and Chris smiled.

"I like that, a lot." Chris said and I nodded.

He came up beside me and I turned to look at him. He placed a hand on my cheek.

"Sorry I was in your bed." Chris said and I shook my head.

"It's okay. I felt nice waking up next to you." I said leaning into his touch. He leaned down and placed his lips gently on mine. Once we broke apart, I just looking into his eyes.

"Chris..." I said and he shook his head.

"Be mine Pais, please?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"You mean it this time?" I asked with a small smile.

"Yes, I mean it this time." Chris said and a small laugh.

"I'm yours." I said and Chris smiled.