15 - Where is She?

**CHRIS POV**

I left my house with the note Paisley left me and I knew exactly where to go and exactly where Paisley would run to. Once I got to the house, I knocked but then just walked in. I walked into the living room seeing Ma and Carly sitting there.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Who?" Lisa asked.

"Paisley, is she here?" I asked.

"No Chris she isn't here, we haven't seen her. Last I heard, you were having her on set today to discuss somethings." Lisa said and I groaned. Lisa saw the note in my hand and reached for it. I handed it over as Carly read it over Lisa's shoulder.

"God Chris, what were you thinking?!" Carly asked and I sighed.

"I don't know, I just spoke! I'm so excited for the future for Paisley and I that I just want everyone to know."

"Chris! She wanted privacy, she wanted to keep this silent. She isn't a part of this life Chris. You need to learn that your actions have consequences. Everything you do has consequences, I know I taught you that as a kid." Lisa said and I groaned. I pulled out my cellphone and tried calling her cellphone.

"Hey this is Paisley, leave me a message."

Straight to voicemail and I groaned. I dialed another number.

"Hey, what's up?" Scott asked.

"Is Paisley with you? Don't lie to me Scott." I said and he sighed.

"She isn't here, and I haven't seen her. Everything okay?"

"No, I fucked up and she's missing. I don't know where she went, she isn't at Ma's and Carly is here, so she isn't with her." I said and Scott groaned.

"I will look for her and see what I can find." Scott said and hung up and sighed.

I just looked at Carly and Ma.

"Chris, I know you said you were excited but why did you really make the statement?" Lisa asked. I just shook my head and started pacing.

"I don't know, I just feel like she is ashamed to be having my kid or something and doesn't want anyone to know. Let's face it she hasn't been the most excited about this pregnancy and the baby wasn't conceived the most conventional way, but it happened. After everything we have been through, I just want the world to know how happy I am." I said and Carly shook her head.

"How happy you are?! How happy you are! Do you realize you aren't the one who is pregnant, you aren't the one carrying the baby for 9 months, you aren't the one having the complications that she has had since the minute she got pregnant, you aren't the one who lost a lifelong friend because of this pregnancy! You need to think Chris, this isn't about you, this is about Paisley and what Paisley wants. She asked you to not make the announcement, yet you did it anyway!" Carly ranted.

"I called them to try to get them to remove it!" I said.

"That doesn't fucking matter! You think they would not air this exclusive. "Chris Evans is going to be a dad"! This is the most exclusive news anyone could get. Concord was an easy-going town but the minute that makes the news welcome paparazzi, easy-going life out the window!" Carly said and I groaned.

"I didn't think!" I said raising my voice.

"Obviously!" Carly yelled.

"Okay calm down. This isn't helping us find Paisley." Lisa said and I groaned.

"Find Paisley...what is going on?" I heard a voice ask and I looked to see Shanna walking in the door.

"None of your concern." I said and Lisa said.

"Chris, we could use all the help..." Lisa said, and I groaned turning to look back at Shanna.

"Long shot, have you seen Paisley?" I asked. Shanna scoffed.

"I'm not allowed around Paisley, your orders. Remember?" Shanna said and I groaned.

"Yeah, I know I was taking a chance." I said.

"What happened?" Shanna asked.

"I was an idiot and may have done something that will throw Paisley out into the spotlight. Well, she left." I explained. Shanna just looked at me and then started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Carly asked confused.

"Chris is hilarious!" Shanna said.

"Excuse me?!" I asked pissed off.

"You're a piece of work! You ban me from seeing her and won't even let me talk it out with her because you say I cause her too much stress. Yet...look who seems to be causing her stress now Chris. You are! I don't know to the extent of what you did but if she ran, she's upset and scared. You did that to her, not me. Maybe we really need to consider who the real bad guy is in this situation." Shanna said and I just looked at her like I was ready to go off. I opened my mouth to speak.

"No! Stop! Shanna actually makes a valid point Chris. You kept her away saying she caused the stress and yes okay maybe at one point in time she did, but right now who did the most damage? Who caused her to run? Who doesn't know where she is? This is all on you Chris." Lisa said and I just hung my head.

"What do I do now?" Chris asked.

"We wait to hear from her." Lisa said.