4 - Don't Lie

I showed up to Chris's house right at two and he let me in the gate quickly. I didn't even really have time to buzz so he must have just been waiting. I got out of the car, and he opened the front door. I sighed seeing him standing there, he looked like shit.

"Have you been sleeping?" I asked as I walked up to the door, and he just hung his head.

"Not the best. Working is shit and then something about someone not talking to me anymore." Chris said as I walked into the house, and he shut the door.

"So, we are just starting right off the bat...okay wow." I said and he sighed as we walked into the living room. He walked to the drink cart and poured two drinks. He handed me the glass of what he poured, and I noticed it was whiskey. I huffed a laugh setting it down on his coffee table.

"Trust me, this whole conversation might be easier if we both have a drink." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Yeah, see drinking is what got us here. Actually, drinking got us to sleeping together which is what got us here." I said and Chris groaned but then also set his drink down on the table thinking the same thing.

"So, I want to talk about what I said the other day when you came to set..." Chris said, and I shook my head.

"I really want to hear what you have to say but I have something to tell you first. It really important but I don't want what I have to say to change what you are going to say so please promise me it won't." I said causing Chris to look at me like I was a crazy person.

I reached for my purse and pulled out the envelope. I passed the results to Chris, and he looked at them like they were in a foreign language.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out. Chris just looked from the paper to me, the paper then to me again.

"What?! You're...what?!" Chris asked shocked and I sighed.

"Pregnant Chris, pregnant." I said and he groaned.

"How did this happen?!" Chris asked.

"You see Chris, when a man and a woman love each other, or in our case get drunk -..." I started to say.

"STOP! I know how it happened Paisley! I thought you were maybe on the pill or something." Chris said and I shook my head.

"Well, you didn't really take time to ask, and you didn't take time to wrap it up either. We chanced this." I said and Chris groaned.

"What the hell..." Chris said putting the results on the table and putting his head in his hands.

"Chris...I don't expect anything from you, I want you to know that." I said after a few minutes of silence. Chris just looked up at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" Chris asked.

"Chris, neither of us asked for this. I know it's a shock and a lot to take in. I also know how you really feel, you were clear on set the other day. So honestly the only other person that knows is your mother so this can stay between the 3 of us that it's your kid. I can just tell everyone it was a one nightstand." I said and Chris groaned. He took his glass of whiskey and drank it. He then looked at me.

"Paisley, I need to talk to you. That's why I asked you to come over." Chris said and I nodded.

"And I just threw everything off." I said and he smirked.

"A little but not really." Chris said and took my hand from my lap. "The other day on set when I told you everything, I said was a lie..."

"Yeah." I said and shifted uncomfortably.

"I lied Pais." Chris said and I huffed a laugh and pulled my hand from his, got up from the couch and started pacing.

"No, you didn't Chris! I mean god, I don't want you just saying this because of what I told you! Nothing is going to change." I said and he groaned and stood up standing in my way, stopping me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, and I sighed.

"Please sit down and listen to me." Chris said and I groaned. We sat down and I sighed. I looked at the whiskey praying I could drink it.

"Would you like some water or juice?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Orange juice please." I said and Chris got up and went into the kitchen and got me some juice. I took a sip of placed it on the table, Chris took the whiskey he poured for me.

"Okay, so I need to admit somethings to you to start off." Chris said and I nodded.

"Okay what?" I asked.

"The night we slept together...I wasn't as drunk as I led on. I was buzzed yes but I knew what I was doing. I knew what I was doing when I kissed you and slept with you..." Chris trailed off. He placed a hand on my cheek. "I also knew what I was doing when I told you I have been in love with you since you were fifteen, when I told you that you were mine. I meant all of it Pais. I love you." Chris continued. He leaned in and kissed me. A small but passionate kiss. Once we broke apart Chris ran his thumb over my cheek where a tear was falling.

"Pais?" Chris asked.

"Chris, I'm sorry. I can't do this." I said getting up and quickly leaving the house.

Consequences ⭐जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें