Growing

Leah's POV

Monday

3:46 pm

Life has been so peaceful these past months.

We have friends and family gathered for Ivy's birthday. Some are people I don't know of.

I walk over to the table where my mom and dad are seated. Seems like they have been getting along very well.

"Lee lee" my dad says with his arms outstretched.

I give them both a hug before sitting on one of the chairs.

"I love to see it" I say.

They both laugh.

"I'm going to take pictures of granddaughter" my mom says.

"So daddy...how you didn't tell me you know Zaidan ?"

"Wasn't sure if it was him because he had a lot of hair back then. He is on the top of the list for one of the men who gave trouble not to mention his father"

"Oh you know his father too ?"

"Yeah he was cold like ice but I didn't fare him one bit. He was into a lot of illegal stuff you name it...people called him little Rhyging based on a Jamaican criminal back then. I feel like his two other sons wouldn't have died if it wasn't for him"

He told me he has two brothers that died so he must be talking about them.

"People respected him because of the love he had for his community" he adds.

"Do you know how his brothers died ?" I ask curiously.

I can tell it really broke him.

"Long story but shoot out with police and their dad"

...Oh

Wow.

I look around and I spot Zaidan in a conversation with two men.

He's wearing a white plain polo t-shirt along with brown joggers

Simple but he makes it look good.

He turns and our eyes meet.

I quickly look away.

I look up back at him and he chuckles.