Breathe

Leah's POV

Sunday

10:41 am

It's Sunday and my mom is cooking Sunday dinner today which I'm so excited for.

It's been a long while.

She and Gina went out not too long ago to buy groceries.

Zaidan's mom should be coming over today but I don't know what time she's coming.

I wipe the kitchen counter with a paper towel where I spilled the juice.

"Mrs.Oakes I'll take over that" the keeper says walking over to me by the counter.

"No , it's okay...I just spilled a little juice" I shrug.

"Please just call me Leah by the way" I add. Everybody literally has been calling me that since I came here.

I'm tired of telling them to call me Leah.

I place the plate in the sink and as I'm about to turn on the pipe she stops me.

"I was informed that you shouldn't be doing anything since your close to labor , let me do that" she offers with a warm smile.

"It's my job to do all the chores in here...you should be relaxing"

"It's okay. it's just only one plate" I tell her.

I'm not used to this. I'm used to doing my own chores and even tho she comes here I still clean the place sometimes.

I finish up washing the plate then dry my hands with a paper towel before I hear a knock on the door.

I'm guessing Jada and my mom is back.

I walk towards the door then open it to see Zaidan's mom with a plant in her hand.

She always dresses so classy.

"Oh hey Mommy"

"Hey my dear"

"Good to see you again" I say.

She walks inside and I close the door behind her.

I can't believe I used to be nervous around Zaidan's mom. It's surprising how close we have gotten over the past months.

"Morning Ms.Mitchell" the keeper greets her.

"Good morning" she greets her back.

She places the big plant on the floor then looks at me.

"I bought you this plant"

"Oh it's very nice...thank you"

"Your welcome and I hope you take care of it" she says with a smile.

"Yes most definitely" I say.

I mean , I'll try.

"I know your going to be in labor soon so you can't really pay attention to it but make sure to tell your friend"

"Yes I'll make sure to tell her"

I can tell she's really serious about her plants

"I know it would be a joy if my son could be here to see when your giving birth to his child" she says before sitting down on the couch.