Joy

Leah's POV

Friday

9:54 am

I close the door gently as possible to be careful not to wake Ivy.

I was literally up the whole night last night with her trying to put her to sleep.

I'm so tired.

I make my way into the living room and let out a relieved sigh after sitting down on the couch.

"She finally went to sleep" my mom voice pulls my attention.

"Yes"

"You want the tea or orange juice ?" she asks me from around the kitchen.

"Orange juice please" I tell her.

"A tea yuh fi drink" she says pouring the orange juice into a cup.

"I had it yesterday"

"You should have it every day" 

I'm glad Ivy is asleep because I have an important call and it wouldn't be good if she was awake.

She walks over to me and hands me a plate of waffles and eggs along with a cup of orange juice.

"You made waffles for me today" I say smiling.

She never likes to make waffles or pancakes for me.

"Only because I didn't get time to go to the Jamaican store"

"Oh , Thank you" 

"Your welcome. How have the past seven months been being a mom ?" she asks before sitting beside me. To the mention of that I smile.

"Great" I say. 

I'm distracted when I hear like she's crying.

I don't know why I always keep hearing her crying even when she's asleep.

It's weird.

There's a knock on the door and my mom gets up from the couch to get it.

I look around to see Jada.

"What a traffic pon di road" she says walking over to me by the couch.

"You and dem big clothes deh" she adds looking at me.

"It's Zaidan's clothes" I say.

"Aww I can tell you really miss him...." she says and I roll my eyes inwardly.

I hate talking about it because it literally just reminds me of the worst time ever in my life.

"Oh cause me a wonder a weh shi guh dem shirt deh" my mom says.

"Did you buy anything for Ivy ?" I ask changing the subject.

"Duh I had to get my goddaughter something...let me show you , your gonna love it" she says excitedly sitting beside me with the bags in her hand.

"How it sound like shi wake already" my mom says.

I get up from the couch and make my way into her room.

Maybe her teeth are bothering her because she has been teething. It has been messing with her sleep lately.

I pick her up from her crib and make my way out back to the living room.

"My Ivy" Jada says stretching her hands.

I sit beside her and she takes Ivy from my hands.

"Suh how shi wake already ?" my mom asks.