Memories

Authors Note: Vote before reading.
This is a small update!!

Zaidan's POV

Friday

10:07 am

Looking at the church brings back a lot of memories of when I was a child.

I wonder how long this concert is gonna be?

I open the passenger side and Aaliyah steps out. I close the door and we walk through the entrance of the church.

She has a smile on her face. I can tell she's happy to be here.

"Wait...is this Zaidan?" a lady approaches us by the entrance.

"Yeah" I say raising a brow.

"You remember the little boy that sister Marcia used to carry to church this is him" she says to a familiar man that's standing beside her.

"A lie yah tell"

"No this is him. Aren't you sister Marcias's son ?" she asks.

I nod.

"Oh wow I don't even think he remembers me" he says chuckling.

"I used to carry sweets in my bag everyday Sunday for whenever he comes to church, oh my I can't believe this is the same little boy...Do you remember me ?" she asks looking at me.

No enuh...

"Not quite..." I finally say.

"He's a big man now I don't think he's going to remember so many years back...looks like he's even married"

"Welcome to St. James church and you are his wife ?"she asks looking at Aaliyah.

"Fiance..." Aaliyah corrects her.

"Nice, how long now have you guys been engaged for?" she asks.

"For about a week now and couple days now actually..."

"I would like to pray for you guys after the service" she says before digging into her bag.

She takes out a little book and hands it to Aaliyah.

I take my phone from my pocket and walk over to the corner of the church.

A when di concert a start ?

I slide my phone back into my pocket when I see Aaliyah walking over to me.

"Zaidan the lady wants you, why did you walk away ?"

"A when dis a start ?" I ask not answering her question.

"I don't know but can you come and hear what she has to say" she sighs.

"I have to take this call" I lie.

"Mi nuh know why yuh stay suh" she says before walking away.

This girl really changed my life because I didn't know when I would have came back to this place.

Leah's POV

10:56 am

"Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it"

The man finishes his final speech then walks off the stage. He walks over to Zaidan and shakes his hands before shaking mine as well in a firm grip.

Everybody here knows his mom.

He's light-skinned acts feminine.

"Is he sister Marcia's son ?" a guy approaches me.

"Yes" I tell him.