Welcome

Leah's POV

Saturday

1:10 pm

I walk into the living room to see Zaidan and Ivy asleep on the sofa.

I walk over to the sofa and look down at them.

Zaidan eyes open then he buckles my stare.

"I...I was just getting the remote to turn down the tv because it's too loud" I lie.

I turn to walk away and I feel him touch my hand.

"Come here" his voice low. The sound of his voice sends a shiver up my spine.

I stop in my tracks and turn to look at him. 

"I was about to make you something to eat" I tell him looking away from his stare. Even tho we're going over to his aunt because they're having a little welcome home party for him and food is gonna definitely be there.

Why am I nervous right now ?

Breathe Aaliyah.

"I'm talking to you..." he says. His eyes low.

I look at him and stay silent.

He fixes Ivy on the sofa then gets up after.

"I don't want anything to eat" he says looking at me.

"Okay"

He moves my hair from my face then closes the space between us.

"Look at me" he says and I finally meet his stare.

He looks me dead in the eyes and trails his finger down my lower lip then tilts my chin up as he leans in to kiss me.

"Oh I'm very sorry I was...just letting you guys that I'm about to leave now" the keeper says sounding nervous.

Zaidan facial expression changes then he sits back down on the sofa.

"Yeah see you tomorrow" I tell her with a smile then she leaves.

I look down at Ivy to see her eyes now wide open.

"Hey mama" I say before picking her up from the sofa.

"I'm going to get her ready so we can so we can leave soon" I tell Zaidan and he nods.

I get up to the bedroom and pick out something for her to wear.

"Your so pretty" I say to her poking her stomach while she lays on her back.

She picks up my phone from beside her and puts it in her mouth.

"No...Ivy'

I take it from her hands and she starts crying.

Oh lord.

I finish getting her dressed then make my way down to the living room to see Zaidan laughing with his aunt.

"Oh my god...I can't handle this much level of sweetness anymore" she says as she spots me and Ivy.

I walk over to her and hand Ivy to her.

"Hey beautiful" she says now looking at me.

"Such a beautiful family and I can tell you guys are really in love the way you guys spoke about each other"

"He just needs to propose now even though he told me once he didn't want to ever get married before you guys started dating...I know you must have changed your mind" she adds looking at Zaidan smiling.

This is news to me.

"Easy nuh aunty" he says chuckling.

"All you used to say is women are wicked and you never ever want to get married"