Recruiting the octonauts pt.1/3?

Hello! Norman speaking! I'm making this at 5:00 AM rn bc I can't sleep, and bc it just crossed my mind on how the Octonauts would be made.

Also this is when they're all like young adults/teens so they're gonna act a bit different (mainly inkling)
And I'm making barnacles stupider because I can.

Quick reminder, for this chapter I'm gonna be using a different writing style. So I'm sorry if there's any confusion while reading this!

3,2,1 ACTION!
PROFESSOR INKLING

I walked through the halls of my college campus, my classroom was just around the corner.

I made a right turn, before I stopped in my tracks as an energetic, white haired, teal eyes polar bear stopped infront of me.

"Heya inkling!" He smiled, placing his paws on his hips.   "Hello, Barnacles." I replied, waving.
"So is this where you're class is? It looks boring." He commented, pointing at the large double doors that was a few feet infront of us.

"Yes barnacles, that's my class. Now why aren't you at your class?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Well more of suspicion.
"It's college! We're certified adults and that could care less about what a couple of drunk adults do." Barnacles explained.

"Barnacles you're only 20, you can't even actually drink yet."
"So? It would never hurt to break the law."
"That's gonna get you a ticket"
"Only if it's a movie ticket."

"Barnacles as long as I'm living you aren't taking a single sip of beer. You can drink beer at my funeral, but as long as I'm breathing, alcohol is prohibited." I ranted, crossing my arms.

"You aren't even my dad."
"Yeah but I'm the closest thing you'll ever get to one."

...

"Fuck you"
"Just go to class."
————————————————————————
𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬 𝑺𝑲𝑰𝑷, 𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝑩𝑬𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑫𝑼𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵
————————————————————————
(Still professor inkling POV)

Class was over and so was the school day, this was my last year of college and I am going to miss it. I am also going to miss my friend Barnacles, since this was his third year of college, now going to the fourth next year he wouldn't be seeing me everyday.

I walked into my dorm and locked the door behind me.
"Hey barnacles!" I waved at him, placing my keys down on a small table next to the door.
"Hey inkling!" He replied, he got up from a beanbag and walked towards me.
"I think I have an idea on what I want to be in the future." He said happily, I put my coat on the coat rack as I turned to face him.
"What do you want to be when you're older?" I asked.

"I want to be a underwater animal rescuer."

"But barnacles.. this college doesn't even teach marine biology!"
"So? I'll drop out!"
"Barnacles that's a horrible idea."
"But there's a catch!"
"You're going to another college?"

...

"No dummy. You see I was planning on having 8 crew members. But I don't even have 8 friends. So I was thinking that maybe You could be the founder of this group, and I could be the captain!" Barnacles explained, a wide grin forming onto his face.

I stayed silent for a while before realizing this isn't as much of a bad idea as I thought it would be.

"Well it sounds like a plan."
"So I can dropout?!"
"NO."
"Damnit."
————————————————————————
𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺𝑲𝑰𝑷 #2, 𝑨𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑩𝑨𝑹𝑵𝑨𝑪𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑫𝑼𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑫
————————————————————————
(Sorry lmao I just want to give a underrated character some perspective)
————————————————————————
PROFESSOR INKLING POV
I finished making a small cup of tea for myself when I heard the phone ring. I put the tea on the counter and walked towards the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hello inkling!" A familiar voice rang through the phone.
"Hello, Barnacles! Have you decided where you wanted our- uhm.. what was it called?"
"The octopod? Yeah I have!"
...

"Well..?"
"I feel like it would make sense if we put it in the Atlantic Ocean..?"
"That might be the only good idea you've had since high school."
"Nuh uh."
"There is no objecting that, barnacles."
"Whatever. Anyways did you print the paper things?"
"I think clients are supposed to make their own resume."
"Well too bad."
"Also I met this guy."
"Where did you meet the guy?"
....
"Barnacles."
"I met them in the Antarctic."
"I thought you were gonna say bar, thank the lord you didn't."
"You said I couldn't drink as long as your still alive."
"Damn right I did."
"anyways, the guys name is Kwazii and he's pretty young if you ask me."
"How old is he?"
....
"Barnacles don't leave me on a cliff hanger."
"That wasn't even a cliffhanger."
"How. Old. Is. He?"
"Maybe like 14?"
"FOURTEEN?!"
"I think I fucked up."
"Yeah you sure did."
"Did you tel them about what we're doing??"
"...maybe?"
"Jesus Christ barnacles."
"Sorry?"
"Barnacles sorry isn't getting you out of the situation. You told a reckless, fourteen year old who is probably going through their second emo phase about our little company."
"It isn't even a company."
"What do you mean?"
....

"Barnacles!"
"Uhm how do I say this?? The government kinda refuses to pay us."
"W H A T."
"Shit."
"Barnacles I will beat your ass. The government can choose not to pay us?!"
"How do you think there's homeless people?"
"That's a separate problem."
"So like- what do we do?"
"Well we have to continue. We already have our location, and we have horrid blueprints of the octopod."
"I tried my best! I can't even draw eyebrows if my life depended on it."
"That's also a separate problem."

...
"I would like to meet this so called 'kwazii'" I said, almost about instantly regretting my words.
"I'll see if we can set up a meeting at like a coffee shop or something." Barnacles replied.
"Ok, sounds great."
That was not so great.
"Also I have a quick question." Barnacles mentioned
"Ask away." I responded.
"Should we wear formal attire to the meeting?"
...
"Goodbye."
"WAIT-"

I laughed as I hung up the phone, before picking up my cup of tea.
"It's still warm. That's nice." I mumbled.
————————————————————————