ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ

Hanbin and Matthew leave the hospital with the results of the pregnancy test in an envelope in Matthew's hand. They get in the car and Hanbin drives to the café where he and Zhang Hao are supposed to meet at 3pm.

"Are you ready?" Hanbin asks his best friend, who is shaking his legs and looks like he's panicking.

Matthew looks at Hanbin and sighs deeply, he opens the envelope and takes out the paper with the result, he opens the sheet and sees the result and immediately bursts into tears.

"Matthew..." Hanbin says, looking at his best friend worriedly.

"Positive" Matthew says and starts crying even more.

"Congratulations mate" Hanbin congratulates him, hugging him tightly.

After a while they get out of the car, Matthew sends Taerae a message to tell him the result and Taerae replies right after, congratulating him.

"It's time to you go to your date" Matthew says, teasing Hanbin, who rolls his eyes in reply.

"Shut up" Hanbin replies and Matthew laughs.

"I'm leaving Binnie, don't worry, I've talked to Taerae about picking me up because we're going out to do some shopping" Matthew says and Hanbin looks at him confused.

"Shopping? For what?" Hanbin asks and Matthew looks at him with a disappointed face.

"To surprise my boyfriend," Matthew says and Hanbin laughs, "What?"

"When are you guys getting married?" Hanbin asks Matthew teasingly, he and Jiwoong have been dating for eight years and there hasn't been a proposal yet, and getting married and having a family is Matthew's dream.

"When he gets the balls to propose," he replies and rolls his eyes. "But I don't care if there's been no proposal yet, for me we are already married." he says and makes a gay gesture with his hand.

"Um okay, well let me know how it goes" Hanbin says and hugs Matthew. "Goodbye new buddy" he adds, patting Matthew's belly who smiles in response.

What he doesn't notice is that a man is watching them, with anger, sadness and disappointment in his eyes.

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Zhang Hao enters the café where he and Hanbin had agreed to meet, he looks at the tables and sees Hanbin at the last one looking out the window and goes towards him.

"Hey" he says and Hanbin looks at him, mumbling a "hey" in response.

They order two caramel macchiato and are both surprised to have chosen the same thing, a silence runs through the table for a moment until their orders arrive.

"You can start talking" Hanbin says and Hao swallows dryly. "I don't have all day, so get to the point."

"When I made that promise, I really meant it Hanbin" he begins, "But, the next day I had to go to China again, I only came back to Korea this year"

Hanbin looks at him a little surprised, he had no idea he had gone back to his home country but it still wasn't an excuse.

"I didn't know how to contact you as I wasn't friends with the birthday boy and I didn't know anyone who knew you" Hao says as he takes a sip of his coffee. "You were the one who could have contacted me"

"Me?" Hanbin asks confused and Hao rolls his eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me," Hao mutters lowly, but Hanbin can still hear. "I left you a piece of paper on the dresser with my cell phone number on it."

"A piece of paper? There was no paper there" Hanbin says worriedly and tries to remember if there was a paper or not.

"You can't say that I'm the one who didn't care about you when you were the one who had a chance to talk to me and didn't want to" Hao says and Hanbin looks at him surprised by the sudden change in his talk and attitude. "But that's it, everything's settled, and we don't even have anything and we don't even know each other to make unnecessary drama. Let's just get on with our lives and dump each other, go to your boyfriend and your son and be happy" he continues to stand up but Hanbin interrupts his action.

"Wait" Hanbin says and Hao looks at him waiting for him to continue. "I have something to tell you, please sit down" Hao looks at him and sighs, doing what he said.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you, you're right we don't have anything and we never did but the reason I acted like that was for another reason, I didn't notice that there was a paper on the dresser because when I woke up I left the room straight away and I didn't even change my clothes because the maid came in to clean up because the house we were in wasn't Matthew's" Hanbin says.

"And I don't have a boyfriend, where did you get that?" Hanbin asks confused and Zhang Hao rolls his eyes.

"Maybe the one you hugged outside and caressed his belly, congratulations on the second child by the way" Hanbin looks at him and laughs, finding it cute the way he made an upset face when talking about it.

"He's not my boyfriend but my best friend who's dating another friend of mine and who's pregnant for the second time with one of my friends" Hanbin replies and Hao looks at him embarrassed and mutters whatever.

"Didn't you have something to tell me?" Hao asks.

"Remember the night when...it happened, and let's say that we didn't use a condom" Hao listens attentively. "And let's say that my son is actually our son" Hanbin tells the truth and Hao looks at him with his mouth open.

"What?" he asks

"I'm sorry you only found out now, I haven't seen you since that" Hanbin admits- "Please don't say anything to Yujin"

"Hum" Hao hesitates, "I'm not going to say anything but, I need time to associate and think"

"I don't care if you need time, I just want to know if you're willing to meet him as our son and not as your violin student" Hanbin says and Hao nods.

"I have to go, thanks for the coffee" Hao says and simply leaves, leaving Hanbin furious and upset with the Chinese man's attitude.