SMILE

Narrator

Wonyoung was at a lost for words. Her father was really using her as an excuse to be a horrible person.

"I did it for you. To give you the life you deserve," Mr. Jang told his daughter.

Wonyoung didn't know what to do.

She was now terrified of her dad.

Wonyoung slowly backed away from her father as he tried to "explain" himself.

"Y/n's dad refused to be bought out of the deal. I wanted that deal to be yours. He wanted to be Y/n's. I didn't know what else to do," Mr. Jang kept trying to find a way to get through Wonyoung.

"I- I-" Wonyoung was at a loss for words.

"Princess, please think things true. Look at how much better we're doing," Mr. Jang was almost trying to plea with his daughter at this point.

"I don't even know what to say," Wonyoung finally responded.

"Don't say anything. Just keep this between us. Specially don't tell Y/n anything. It will just break their heart even more," Mr. Jang was practically begging Wonyoung.

"I- I need some fresh air," Wonyoung stuttered out before walking out of the house.

- Y/N POV -

I was a little worried about Wonyoung not saying 'I love you' back but I knew I couldn't rush it.

"Wonyoung will say 'I love you' when she's ready," I tried to ease my mind.

I guess my little brush with death made me realized how much I really liked her.

I sighed to myself as I prepared for another lonely night.

Since Danielle didn't suffer any burns or any major damage to her lungs from the smoke, she was realized from the hospital a little earlier than me.

So, I was all alone.

Wonyoung didn't seem too happy with me that I had ran into a burning house. So, I had no hope that she'd return to the hospital to keep me company.

But...

I was wrong.

"Hey!"A smiley Wonyoung suddenly peeked her head into my hospital.

"Hi, I was starting to think you'd never come back!" I sighed of relief.

Wonyoung walked into my room and my heart skipped a beat.

"Are those flowers for me?" I smugly asked

"Yeah, is that okay?" Wonyoung's smile started to fade a bit.

"Are you crazy? Of course!" I exclaimed in response.

"Okay," Wony lowly said before handing me the cute boquete of flowers she had brought me.