HOSPITAL BED

Narrator

Hanni ended up sleeping on the hospital bed with Y/n.

Y/n had seen how tired Hanni looked and refused to let her walk back to the hotel without supervision.

Dr. Pham had come to check on the pair a few times during the night to make sure that Hanni wasn't hurting Y/n too much while they cuddled.

"Y/n just needs a really good friend right now," Hanni's mom thought to herself.

- Haerin POV -

The next morning, I surprisingly woke up before everyone else. Except for Hanni unnie.

I couldn't find Pham unnie anywhere so I figured she went to the hospital as soon as she woke up.

I grabbed my jacket, put on my shoes, and headed to hospital by myself.

When I arrived, I slowly opened Y/n room door to find Hanni unnie and Y/n all cuddled up together on the hospital bed.

The sight of that broke my heart a little.

"I should've taken my chance when I had it," I thought to myself.

"Oh, Haerin!" Someone suddenly startled me.

I turned to check who it was and it was Mrs. Pham.

"Oh, good morning Dr. Pham!" I bowed at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Me and the girls brought Y/n into the hospital," I answered her.

"Aahh, so this was a team effort?" She asked.

I nodded in response.

"Okay, since all you girls are here then I should probably get Hanni off of Y/n before another of one you girls finds them like this!" Dr. Pham exclaimed.

She then walked over to wake up Hanni unnie and Unnie started to sluggishly get up.

"Urrgh, that hurts..." Y/n groaned, as they too, started to wake up.

"Oh, Haerin-ah!" Hanni exclaimed once she noticed me.

Y/n quickly jolted up off their hospital bed to greet me. "Haerin, good morning!"

"Good... morning," I hesitated a bit.

Suddenly, Minji and Dani unnie busted through the door with Hyein not far behind.

"And now I'm wondering... how did all girls get here?" Dr. Pham crossed her arms, staring at all of us.

"Ummmm.... I might have.... called dad," Hanni unnie awkwardly told her mom.

"You called your dad while he's in Australia?!" Dr. Pham didn't seemed too happy.

"Y/n change into your clothes and grab your things. I'm calling our driver to get you all home," Mrs. Pham angrily spoke.

Y/n quickly did as they were told and we all bowed our heads as Dr. Pham stormed out the room.

- Y/N POV -

Dr. Pham didn't seem too pleased that Hanni had called her dad, that was out of the country, for a favor.

She had quickly called the Pham family driver to pick us all up and drive us back home.

On the 3 hour car ride back home from Busan, I decided to just be open with the girls and tell them what was going on.

Hanni's mom was right. I didn't want to be alone... and I shouldn't push the girls away with the excuse of trying to protect them.

"So, your dad wants to take out my family?" Jihye asked.

"Umm.... I'm not really sure... but I wouldn't put it pass him. That's why I haven't told him anything," I answered her.

"Is that why he beat you up yesterday? Because you wouldn't tell him?" Minji asked.

"Actually, it was Ni-Ki sunbaenim that beat Y/n.....," Hyein suddenly spoke up.

"What?" Haerin furrowed her brows.

"I KNEW IT!!" Hanni exclaimed.

"He always rubbed me the wrong way!" She added.

"I told you. He's not as innocent as he wants to seem," Hanni told Minji.

"Still doesn't give Y/n an excuse to go around beating people," Minji coldly answered.

"You're right," I interjected.

Suddenly, I felt someone lay their head on my shoulder.

It was Haerin.

She had suddenly fallen asleep and landed on my shoulder.

"Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not trying to be rude or mean because I want to... it's to keep you guys at arms length and protect you from whatever Mr. Nishimura is scheming," I tried to explain myself again.

"Okay, so what do you need us to do? We wanna help out!" Jihye asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure we can all come up with a plan," Hyein added.

We all started brainstorming on what to do about Mr. Nishimura.

Every so often, my heart would flutter when I'd noticed Haerin on my shoulder. I gave her a kiss on the head out of pure happiness, earning a death glare from Minji.

"Alright, I'll tell him you slept over. I don't want you getting beaten," Minji told me.

"Thank you," I answered softly.

For the last bit of the car ride, the maknaes were basically using me as a pillow. I did my best not to squirm or wince in pain. I didn't want to concern the rest of the girls.

Soon enough, I was standing at the front door of my house.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Mrs. Pham is probably the only rational adult in this story >///<