JIHYE

Narrator

Due to the new freedom Y/n and Ni-Ki had, Y/n had overslept.

With Y/n's parents at work and Ni-Ki in the hospital, no one was there to wake them up.

- Minji POV -

This morning was odd.

I waited and waited to watch Y/n and Ni-Ki walk into the school but no one ever came.

10 minutes passed the morning bell had gone by but neither of them showed up.

"Maybe they finally killed each other?" I tried to joke with myself to ease my nerves.

I waited 5 minutes pass my usual time but no one came.

Finally, I turned to head into class when someone suddenly ran up next to me panting.

"Sorry, sorry! I overslept!" A messy uniformed Y/n breathed heavily.

"Overslept?" I asked in confusion.

"Why is your uniform all messy? What is going on?" I asked all confused.

Not once in the last year had Y/n walked into school late or with a messy uniform. Their uniform might have been all bloody but never messy.

Aside from that, Y/n was actually smiling for once.

It was kind of creepy.

"Nothing. Am I not allowed to be late to school?" Y/n smugly asked.

"Actually, you're not!" I smirked.

"Right," Y/n answered awkwardly.

Without realizing it, Y/n was walking me to class.

"So, you're like gonna inherit the school one day, right?" Y/n asked as we walked side by side.

I found it odd that Y/n would asked that.

Y/n already knew the answer.

"Yeahhh, why?" I asked a bit curious.

"Like, I was wondering, if you don't inherit it.... then who would cus I don't wanna go to a school that's gonna be ran by some asshole or something?" Y/n explained.

I couldn't help but giggle.

For the first time in a really long time, it felt like I was talking to the old Y/n.

"Okay, well vulgar language aside, if I don't inherit the school then the next chairman would be decided by the board members and shareholders," I explained.

"So, are the shareholders like candidates to become chairman or do they just make the decisions?" Y/n kept being curious.

I found it odd but really cute.

Y/n had never had any interest about the future of the school before.

"I guess they could be... but usually the next biggest shareholder would take the position," I answered.

"So, if not you, then who would be next. Based on the shares or whatever you just said?" Y/n continued to ask questions.

"Umm, I guess it'd be Danielle or someone in her family since they have the biggest share portion compared to everyone else," I answered.

"Ahh okay, at least it's someone I like!" Y/n chuckled.

"Why are you being nice?" I asked abruptly.

"Maybe... I'm trying to make up for being rude yesterday....," Y/n seemed embarrassed.

I still felt really bad about the day before.