TRAUMA BOND

Narrator

Like an idiot....

Y/n went running to Minji's house after hanging out with Haerin.

Most times, Y/n didn't find going to Minji's house all that weird or harmful.

That's until...

Minji asked a very specific question...

- Minji POV -

"You ever get the feeling that no else can understand what you're going through but that person you crave the most?" I asked Y/n.

I knew it was wrong to ask.

I knew that it could trigger things in Y/n....

I knew it could trigger things in me...

But for once...

I didn't want to feel like I was the only one going through.... t-through the emotions... w-we were all going through.

"Yeah, of course....," Y/n lowly responded... not even bothering to look at me.

"I always feel like that...

That's why I keep you all around...

I'm sure that's why you all keep me around," Y/n's voice kept getting harder to hear as they spoke.

I took a deep breath, knowing how hard it was...

To admit things like that...

"We all grew up this way...," I answered Y/n.

I didn't actually know how to answer.

I didn't want to say that it was true...

Because it was...

We were all friends based on circumstances.

Our circumstances brought us together.

For me,

Since a kid...

I always had to hold the weight of everyone else on my shoulders.

That's... until I met Y/n.

Y/n had met Hanni and Haerin before I did.

The two most chaotic people of our friend group....

Since we were kids.... that always helped.

Haerin and Hanni were always so well behaved around Y/n.

I always thought it was because of how much the girls respected Y/n but slowly I learned it was because Hanni and Haerin were actually in love with Y/n.

Haerin and Hanni never seemed to understand why they had this unspoken bond... but I knew... I saw it since we were kids.

"You're not gonna deny it?" I asked Y/n when I realized I got no response.

"No," y/n coldly responded.

Y/n's answer bothered me.

It really really bothered me.

"Then get out," I told Y/n.

Y/n just coldly got up and walked to my bedroom window.

"You're acting as if you don't have an arranged marriage too," Y/n coldly said before attempting to sneak out my house through my window.

- Y/N POV -

Minji pulled me back from the window before I could even get my hands on it.

"Don't. Just don't," Minji coldly told me.

"At this point... we're all friends because of what we've gone through... and still have to go through...," I coldly responded.

"Don't act as if it's anything more," I tried to get out the window again.

"So... us.. it just doesn't matter?" Minji asked, not letting me leave.

I knew that coming to Minji's house after hanging out with Haerin was a bad idea.

A really bad idea.

"Does it?" I turned to at look Minji in the eyes.

"I-I-" Minji began to stutter.

"You're marrying Hanni, Haerin is marrying Danielle, and I'm marrying Wonyoung," I interrupted Minji.

"The only one 'free' from us or any of this... is Hyein," I added in air quotes.

"So... as far as I know...," I took a deep breath.

"No. It doesn't matter," I coldly answered before climbing out of Minji's room.

- Wonyoung POV -

Y/n had called me to pick them up a mile down Minji's house.

Y/n was finally allowed back into the Kim's family home so I didn't understand why Y/n had me pick them up in a random street.

That's until....

Y/n said.... "you were right."

"You were right... we're all bonded by our trauma and guilt. If either of us even got too close as friends... it would be a disaster," Y/n's voice sounded disappointed.

"So, you finally accepted that you all will be nothing more than friends?" I asked Y/n.

"Yeah," Y/n lowly responded.

"I wish it wasn't this way," I responded with the same demeanor.

Y/n always struggled between being just friends with the girls to being back to how they used to be...

They were all so close before.

Inappropriately close....

Close to the point of falling in love with each other...

"It doesn't matter. Either way, we're moving on with our lives," Y/n suddenly said.

"What does that mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"It means, you and I will get married and that's that. They'll be in our past and all we have to look forward to is our life together," Y/n surprisingly said.

My heart skipped a beat for the first time in a week.

I knew Y/n still had a long way to go when it came to forgiving me but this was a step in the right direction.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Ever had a trauma bond? .-