25 - Grown up

Sam wasn't sure he wanted to tell Luke he was back with Rory. The jerk would disrespect Rory and piss Sam off. He planned to stay in his room and edit even if he wasn't hurting like before.

Luke yelled. "Hey Kells. Beer. It's a new year. Time to stop being a whiny baby."

He opened his door to the regular fivesome. "Sam!" Hailey ran to his side.

He looked at her. "Hey, I saw Will over break. He missed you."

She smiled at him. "Did you miss me?"

Sam shook his head. She was like Cassie, but sweeter. Why didn't she have more self respect? He shook his head. "No offense, but I didn't miss any of you. I hung out with my family and friends."

Luke sneered. "My New Year's resolution is to get you laid. You need to chill, you're no fun."

Hailey raised her hand. "I volunteer."

Sam stared at Luke ignoring Hailey. He stopped himself from blurting he had made love every day. Luke knew nothing about making love.

"Not interested. I'll be in my room. And Hailey, that's not cool. Will is my friend." He saw her face twist up. He no longer cared if he made her cry.

He texted Rory, but she didn't answer. The same emptiness he had experienced the fall semester filled him until he shook his head. She loves me. A knock on his door caused him to grumble under his breath.

"Yo Sam." Will! He opened the door. "Hey, man. Did you and Rory spend the rest of vacay getting it on in my sister's cottage?"

Sam looked from Will to Hailey frowning next to her. Sam made a fist at Luke's yelling. "You're with your bitch again."

Theo yelled, "Luke, you're the bitch. If Sam and Rory are together."

Hailey cried. "Sam?"

Sam glared. "Thanks Will. Get it on sounds like what you did with my brother's girl, but yeah, Rory and I are together. She left today, and we're doing the long distance thing. So Luke don't call the girl I love a bitch. It's not cool."

As if on cue, his phone rang. He turned around and shut his door. "Hey."

"Sorry I was driving home. Then I talked to Lana for a few minutes."

"Will's here. Hailey knows we're together. Will you love me less if I hate Luke?"

"You don't hate him, even though he is a prick."

Sam smiled. Rory and Luke were even in the name calling. "How's Lana?"

"Good. She told me about Oliver."

"Rore, whatever their past is, it has no bearing on our future. Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay."

"Good, because I love you. How are your friends?"

"I only saw Chantal. She's good. Classes start tomorrow."

"Yup. Rore, we've got this okay?"

"I know. Love you."

Sam smiled. "Me too. We should say goodnight."

"I know. Hang up on three?"

Sam said, "One."

Rory said, "Two."

Sam said, "Three."

"Sam."

"Rory, we didn't hang up."

"Okay. One, two, three!"

Sam hung up and texted.

🗨S: I love you. Good night.