1 - Role model

Chapter Photo credits:

Did you read the small chapter before? It's the future

Six years before...

Rory Harris had her whole life planned for the past four years.

Go to graduate school to become a counselor.

Marry Sam Keller.

Live happily ever after.

When it came time to apply to grad schools, she applied to two in Boston where she had spent her four undergrad years and one in Virginia. Even as she submitted the application, she thought to herself she was crazy. How could she go to Virginia when Sam had another year in Boston?

Even though they attended different universities, Sam and Rory were inseparable. Obviously, they attended classes on their own, but Rory spent most of her time at Sam's off-campus apartment. She lived in a small two bedroom Rory found through a posting. She needed a place to live and Laura had an available room. A room which came with rules. Lots of rules, but the only one which Rory cared about was no men. So instead of Sam hanging in her quiet room, she hung out with him and his two roommates.

If her father wouldn't have a coronary, she might have just moved in with him. Even her stepmother, Maddie, who was totally cool, told her she was too young to live with Sam. Maddie had lots of relationships before she settled down with Jack. Rory never understood how Maddie and Drew, her highschool boyfriend, just ended it when he went to college. At eighteen, Rory couldn't live without Sam. At twenty-two, she still couldn't.

Sam's friends were Rory's friends. Even in highschool, she didn't need a best friend because she had Sam. Cassie, her first friend after she moved to Maine, turned out to be a horrible person. She broke Cole's heart by cheating on him with their friend, Will. Then she pushed Anna, but that was enough drama from its own story. After the drama, Rory didn't need a best friend other than Sam, although Anna and Sam's stepbrother, Cole, were her close friend too.

Rory created a dilemma for herself when she was accepted to the university in Virginia. It had a stellar counseling master's program. Academically it was the best choice, geographically it was the worst.