43. AVL on the move

Valerie was more than thrilled to see me at the scene of the crime. If I wasn't as much injured and ready to collapse, she would have slapped me. Wendigo was held by two men of the AVL, ready to get taken away. Others freed the hostages, ordering them to wait for the next orders. They won't get away from an interrogation. Da Vinci however, took the time while I was still conscious, "For a troublemaker you do a lot of damage."

I laughed lightly, "What can I say...I am working on it."

"Humor won't get you out of this, once you are ready to leave the hospital, you be in jail for a long time. I will personally take care of that."

At least I was glad, that Bratt was out of the radar, going back to this acting. All other villains were warned by him that only left us to be in trouble. Before we went out of this place, a sudden voice told us to freeze. In disbelieve, we all looked next to the computer. He held Lucy hostage. None of us knew who he was, except Gru and the AVL. Valerie was out of her mind, "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Shut us woman. I won't let you destroy my great-grandfather's final plan for this world!"

"Great-grandfather?!" we all were stunned. Bad mouthing over Robert for having children and he had one of his own. The guy moved closer to the keyboard, "Shadow isn't it? Give me the chip!"

"I can't, I destroyed it." To make sure he believes it, I showed him the pieces.

He laughed out like a maniac, "I am an IT specialist that is a fake chip!"

I gasp, how did he know?!

He pointed at my hand that is covered in blood, "It is still in that arm of yours."

I glared at him, "How would you know that?"

"Because I was the one that had to put it into your body" he came closer to me, still pointing a gun against Lucy's head, "This was only to give you the wrong idea. Have you never noticed that tiny scar in your palm?"

Palm? Looking, I couldn't believe it. A tiny scar, in my life line integrated. Assuming he wanted to get it out, I did what he told me, demanding a knife. He shook his head, "No need...just place your hand over the scanning device." Valerie and the others looked with interest, as I placed my hand over that platform. A female voice spoke up, "Scanning complete." During that, he got closer to me. The minute he was too close, I raised my leg up, hitting his groin. Lucy used he mixed fighting skills to take him down. Before the AVL men took him down, he activated the chip, "You lost Shadow. The world will me mine!"

Da Vinci was at loss for words. The female voice spoke once more, "Installation complete, ready to start mission of total destruction."

I saw at how everyone starts to panic. No one knew what to do. Valerie tired to stay cool though, ordering to get the villains on the ship. Lucy fell into Gru's arms, apologizing for all that happened. She didn't know that he was a bad guy, always pretending to be a complete idiot. Dru came over to me, as I stared at the screen. "N/A?"

"What is it Dru?" my voice was quite calm, unusual for such a situation, but what should I do? He grabbed my hand tenderly, "Can't you do anything to stop this thing?"

"Let me think"

Curious, he watched me stare into the unknown. I was in deep thought, remembering something form the past. I wasn't sure if this might work, but what do I have to lose? Dru held Valerie back, as I typed something into the computer. It looked like a code I added into the system. The guy from before just laughed at my attempt, "Hacking won't bring you anywhere. Ahahahahaaha"

"Get him away!" Valerie came forward, now standing beside me. He voice was suddenly softer than before, "What is this thing? It is not a normal computer."

"A model Wendigo invented for only this purpose. It needs a lot of energy to work, so my guess, the energy resource lies under the mountain...alongside his other advanced technology."

"Can you stop the program?"

I nodded, "Sure I can."

Valerie's voice changed suddenly to her old self, "Why didn't you do that in the first place?!"

My eyes made her calm, "Because I want to destroy him once and for all and this means...everything. Da Vinci, get everyone out of this place." I didn't have to say it twice. She got everyone out in minutes, sending one group onto the ship, the other to the hospital by helicopter. From the ship, they all watched for the fireworks to come. Gru knew what it means for his brother, since his feeling hasn't changed for me. He pulled his arm over Dru's shoulder for comfort, "Don't worry brother; you may be able to visit her in prison. I am sure Lucy can arrange this for you."

Looking at how Dru's expression was, he looked in disbelieve as Valerie. She glared at him, "Not going to happen."

Where was Dru? He could have sworn to have seen him beside him a minute ago, "Lucy, where is Dru?" She looked around and shrugged, "I thought he was with you."

"Oh no."

Lucy asked one of the soldiers to check the area with the cameras...and indeed...they found him...climbing up the mountain. Lucy had to tell Gru about it, "This is bad...very bad."