11. Flashbacks

"Gru, Dru, what are you two doing? ", Margo stood there in her pyjama, looking tired at the men. The entire kitchen was filled with magazines. Gru yawned loud, "Ah honey, well we tried to find something..." Dru interrupted, "...but nothing!!!" Not a single sign of the mysterious henchmen.

Dru was disappointed, "Her name comes up, but dad refused to talk about it."

He remembered his childhood. Before he had to go to bed, he sat in front of the TV and watched his favorite show, 'Evil Brat'. Since he could remember his father did nothing with him. Only the butler sat nearby, keeping an eye on him. His only friend was the evil Brat doll. Dru didn't like his childhood, since they were just being alone most of the time. His fad could get anything he wanted, but what he truly wants, he couldn't get with money...affection, appreciation...hugs. Gru got him out of his thoughts, "Dru, we have to get ready." It took him a minute to realize what he meant. The two jumped as Edith and Agnes went passed them, yelling around, "villain con, villain con, villain con!!!!"

On the other side of the street, I got ready for the big event.

If there wasn't Carl, storming into my room, "N/A, what the hell is all this stuff?!"

I shrugged at him, "I don't know what you are talking about."

He opened all my cupboard and wardrobe. Everything I stole last night was spread all over the place, "oh, that? Just some stuff I own." Carl pointed his finger out the door, "Some? There are all over the place, there's even a golden car in the garage. What the hell did you do to get all this 'stuff'?" "That is for me to know and for you to find out" I winked at him. I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, "I will be back tonight."

I checked through the windows, at the back house. They weren't on their way yet, which gives me a good opportunity to leave now. I sat inside the villain wheels and drove on full speed through the streets. Since it was early in the morning, no one noticed me.

Gru and his family prepared everything and started their journey an hour later.

Dru was acting all sulky after remembering his past. While Lucy was driving, Gru could talk to his brother. "Dru, what is wrong? You are acting weird this morning." He looked at his brother, "Do you think he was more proud of shadow than me?"

"What gives you that idea?"

"He never had time for me."

Now it was Gru's time to remember his past, trying to make his mother proud. It only happened once he adopted the girls. Both of them couldn't make it right for their parents. Gru assured him that their father was proud of them, no matter what. Dru knew it was a lie, but still was hoping for it to be true. The girls heard their conversation and wrapped their arms around Dru, Agnes smiled at him, "We are proud of you uncle Dru." Edith gave him a wink, "We got the best bad ass uncle ever!" What Margo said, was the most moving thing for their uncle, "No matter what, we will always be proud of you."

Before he could burst into tears, Lucy yelled out excited, "Everyone we are here!!!"