27. A smile on the move

There I have it, thankfully I was allowed to keep my job, but now I had to share it with his brother Dru. With him around, I can't do anymore research or even run around free. Dru had the habit to follow me around, constantly begging me to help out. The previous night was already history and Dru didn't seem to be mad about it. But even so, privacy was important to me, not even a single phone call was possible with Blondie. Even as I was heading home, mother hen was on my tail, "Where are you going?"

"Out."

"Where to?"

I turned on my heel, glaring dark, "Out out."

Gru watched this whole scenario, but saw no reason to get involved. Reading his newspaper in peace, Dru came into the kitchen and sat on the opposite side of Gru, "Brother, am I clingy?"

Gru turned a page, "Who said that?"

"N/A."

The blond boy seemed to be worried about it, as his brother folded the newspaper and placed it on the table, "She has a point there. You stuck to her like glue at all times. I am surprised she didn't hit you again."

"I like her brother, is that bad?"

"Following her into the toilet is not really the best option."

I was concerned, she was making weird sounds."

"You don't have to be a genius to know what that could be. Just give her some privacy and she might like you back."

"Really?!"

Gru wasn't too convinced of that, but nodded anyway. Dru was glad, that he might have a chance after all, since his brother wasn't aware of his brother's feelings for me. But furthermore, there was one major question, which wasn't explained last night.

"Why were you send home?"

"They had pity with me, so they put an electronic hobble on my ankle. I am not allowed to take it off or leave this private property. If I do, they lock me up again."

Gru nodded, taking a sip of his coffee, "At least you can take care of the minions. Dr. Nefario went on a vacation." Unfortunately, the mad scientist forgot to take his luggage with him. Only a note was left for Gru. Dru was a little confused, "The minions? What about the girls?"

"That is N/A's job."

"Please brother, let me help her."

Gru sighted, "I don't think that she would like that...after what you done."

"Please, brother, pretty please!"

"Give her a week, then you can ask her, okay?"

Dru saluted happy, "Yes, brother."

Gru excused himself, leaving for his lab, after all, he had his own job to deal with. With a new laptop, he went through the dark net, if there is some information on Shadow, it has to be there. Dru was upstairs, waking the girls for school. Unaware of the last day, they refused to get out of bed. The blond boy needed a lot of patience to persuade them.

The last nights events were just too much for me.

The minute I opened the door, the high pitched of Vector's voice came my way.

"Shadow, oh yeah!"

"Please, it is too early to beat you up. I hope you are not mad that I left you alone."

"Oh no, I was surprised but not mad."
I patted his back and dragged myself up to my room.

"Shadow, watch this quick!"

So close...

"Not now Bratt!" Vector was suddenly hysterical, "The news talk about the AVL."

"What?" This was not possible, we cancelled it. Who was on air? My henchmen were all in the living room, watching a dark figure with a bauta mask. It revealed a lot of very private information on the agents and the organisation. What surprised me the most, was their amount of information. Who was that person?

"Well played guys!" Said Eduardo pleased.

Victor shook his head, "It wasn't us!"

I nodded "This is someone we don't know. But one thing is for sure...we have competitors."

It even turned into another situation, as the camera moved to another person, also with a bauta mask. But his news weren't about the AVL, oh no...it was about me. Someone was spreading information about me.

"What is the meaning of this?!" I barked, sitting between my henchmen. Not one dared to speak. The news didn't reveal much, at least my identity wasn't revealed, only my past and my career. It will be hard to find the one responsible for this prank, since a few friends of Roberts know me underneath the mask, plus they sabotaged their voices. The last thing the person said, was directed towards me, declaring war.

"Shadow, if you are watching, listen up close since I will only say this once. We are on to you, be careful on what you do next, because we are watching your every step. Beware, your nightmares will come to life if you aren't careful. You been warned."

My frown was not a good sign. However, it was clear what I was waiting of. Suddenly, all of my henchman shot up from their seats, promising me that they are not traitors. I breathed out, not receives, more exhausted, "I am going to bed. Let me know if anything new comes up." After all, my role wasn't played just yet. For now, they all had a day off.

Gru heard the screams from the girls bedroom and ran towards it. He saw Dru trying to pull Edith out of her bed.

"I am not going to school!" she yelled, kicking Dru. Margo and Agnes followed her example. Gru knew it was pointless to force them, so he called the school and told them that the girls were sick. But this was a one off, "Tomorrow you go, even when I have to drag you there!"

Pulling Dru along, they sat back in the kitchen. The blond man is worried, "What happened them while I was gone? Please tell me Gru." His brother had no choice. With another strong coffee, he told him the whole story.