38. The army of evil

I came to realize that only a handful of the contacts, were still alive or willing to work alongside me. Some assumed that I would work under them, not expecting it to be the other way around. I even managed to get Bratt into my group, ready to do some serious damage. Counting them all together, I had twenty henchmen and a huge load of yellow cousins from Gru. We may sound like a huge army, but towards the legend's evolutionary technology of security and defense, not everyone may get inside. Bratt's system was quite small compared to them. He should know, since he bought that system by the legends himself.

"So, you may know how to shut it down?"

Bratt shrugged, "They always improve their system and I don't think it will be that easy." I wasn't aware, that he referred to Gru and Dru, sneaking into his place once.

"Then I will take care of it, everyone else has only one main goal: that is to get me inside the headquarters of the legends."

Dru didn't like it, finally speaking up for a long time of silence, "You can't fight them on your own!"

"Oh please, we are talking about two old men, one in a wheelchair and the other that needs support from a walking stick, I can handle them."

Gru agreed with his brother, "We also need to rescue the girls, we will join you."

I accept under one condition, "Fine, but you have to take care of yourself."

All villains use their own type of vehicle and weapons, ready to attack. The place we headed to, where a massive hill, surrounded by icebergs. Unaware that these blocks, were actually part of their defense system that we realize once the vehicles get too close. Like a crack, it split into two parts, hitting other real icebergs as well. They on the other hand, made the ride on water even more dangerous. Several robots in white walked over the water like on land, shooting at the intruders, while others threw bombs. Carefully not to get pulled underwater by the ice blocks, I looked at the army with interest, "So that is how they could work without henchmen. Respect."

"N/A, we are not going to make it!"

Somehow, Dru was right. On a boat, we never survive this battlefield on water. Gru had the same idea, pressing the button already. In minutes, we were underwater. Unfortunately, a few of my minions had also the same thought, not expecting another load of robots, in form of Megalodons. They are sure creative these old men. The sharks are able to shoot like a gun and destroy anything in metal with their razor sharp teeth. Dru began to scream like a girl, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, we are going to dieeeeeeee!!!

The last option we could think of was to fly. It really got on my nerves soon, as a massive amount of metal bats, as huge as helicopters were heading towards us. With only their weight alone, they are able to make the flying vehicles crash into the mountain. Gru saw a chance in this, "Get under the bats!"

"Are you crazy?! They make us crash!"

"Exactly, don't you see!" he pointed at one of my fellow men, screaming in horror as his place was dropping like a stone from the sky, above him, the metal bat. Before he collided with the land, the bat released him, finding his new pray to destroy. I see his point, "Once he let us go, we transform the villain wheel back into a car." Gru nodded, "Timing is all we need now." Seeing another men fall from the heavens, Gru counted the seconds, "fifteen seconds before they hit the ground." That is not all, for this we needed three people for the landing, one to count the seconds, the other pushes the buttons to transform the vehicle and the driver to keep the car steady. I didn't feel well, as Gru gave Dru the job to count down. While he sat in the back, Gru took care of the switches, "Okay Dru, once the flying mouse releases the car, you count from fifteen down, every second matters so focus. "

Now I had to find one of those metal pieces. Or better, I just wait for it to find us, that were even better. Programmed to attack everything that moved, I just had to fly around in circles. Dru screamed once more, as the vehicle was trapped. I looked back to him, "Get ready to fall!" Gru was just as nervous, "Steady, we are almost there. Get ready Dru!"

Clack clack!!!

The claws of the bat released us, at this very moment, Dru shouted out the numbers. Gru gave him a watch, so he wouldn't go too fast while counting. His brother pressed several buttons a quickly as possible, making the vehicle transform. Now it was only me doing the last job, a save landing. The way it was able to reach the ground was just a flexible as the different types of transformations it has to offer. With another button, I could press out air from underneath, giving it a smooth landing.

"We are here, now we need the entrance to the mountain."

Gru used the X-ray goggles from Lucy, inspecting the rocks, "Over there!"

With an explosion at hand, the way was blown into pieces, giving us a way inside. That was my cue to say farewell, "From here, we part ways."

"What, no you can't not do that!"

One quick glance to Gru and he knew what I meant. He pulled Dru along, telling him to find the girls. The man in the white suit looked back, as I went another way. His brother in the black outfit just pushed him into the different direction, "You can worry about her later. Our highest priority is to find the girls now."

The other path went passed some control systems, closed up by large doors. Cracking the device was easy, but to shut down the defense mechanism, seems to be harder than I thought, "I take it back Bratt, it doesn't look like it can be stopped."

"You are right about that Shadow"

"Huh?"

I didn't move, as a massive shock went through my body, making me pass out.