7. What is this place?

My mouth dropped to the floor.

A massive lab was under the house. Everywhere I looked where minions doing all sorts of things. I got concerned as they carried rockets and weapons of all sort. What the hell are they doing for a living? The little creatures gave me a wave before heading downstairs...greeting me there. I wasn't capable to count them, there are way too many of them. All I could see was yellow.

"What are you doing here?"

"Huh?" In the distance was Dr. Nefario. The minions made way for me to walk towards the old man, "I wanted to turn off the TV and instead I found this place. What is this lab for? It is huge." The professor told me that he is a secret agent from the anti-villain-league. This organization was no mystery to me...after all; the bold terror and I were their target number one for years. But something bothered me about this place. Everywhere I look it the symbol of a 'G'. I can't remember that the AVL has no other signs...only villains have their own trademark. On a flying vehicle was another sign, a huge 'D'. Something isn't right here. But Dr. Nefario refused to tell me anything else about the family. Instead he changed the subject, "This is no place for you to be. Jerry, Lance, bring her upstairs to the guest room." To minions saluted, before grabbing my hands to follow them.

The rest of the night went peaceful. It was the morning that turned to a disaster.

I woke up by a bunch of minions, storming my room. They all shook me awake. If there is one thing I hate, is to be woken up forcefully, "What the hell are you doing?!" They tried their best to explain to me the situation...all I heard was gibberish. Once I got to the kitchen, I jumped in fear. The entire room was filled with black smoke. "What did you do this time?!!!" I said, opening every window in sight. I moaned out loud, as I spotted a familiar fruit on the counter. I clenched my fists, "That is it, no more cooking for you!!!" Once I yelled to get out, they were out of sight in seconds. Again, I spotted the sight of the symbol again. I got my phone out and made a photo of it. It was bothering me as of why he had an own trademark. But for now I had other problems. I gave the clock a quick glance, it is six o'clock. One and a half hour before the kids have to go to school.

While I had to get the breakfast ready and the smell, Gru and the others were on their way back.

Nefario called him around seven o' clock from the lab, "Gru why didn't you tell me that you arranged a babysitter?!"

Gru moaned, "I told you about it yesterday...six times!"

"Anyway, she was in the lab, she knows about you being a spy now."

"What?!" Dru and Lucy looked at eachother shocked.

"The minions seem to like her though, I am sure we can trust her. How long will she be their babysitter?" Gru wasn't sure about that, he might have to discuss it with Lucy first.

"For now only one night, tell her that she can go home at nine."

He canceled the call, facing the other two, "She knows about us being spies." Lucy gasp, while Dru panicked, "Does she know about me?" Gru shook his head, "No, I think it is for the best not to tell her. So Lucy, shall we keep her as a babysitter?" "Why not? She seems to have done a good job, Margo didn't call us and Dr. Nefario didn't say anything bad about her. We might need her once in a while."

Back at Gru's house, I woke up the children and get them ready for school.

"So girls, this is the last time I bring you back to school" I announced, handing out pancakes.

"Why?" whined Agnes.

"I was hired to babysit you for one night only. Don't worry; you can visit me anytime across the street."

"Even so, thank you for being a good babysitter" said Margo with a smile, Edith thanked me as well.

Only Agnes wasn't pleased about it and neither were the minions. They peaked inside the kitchen, not daring to set one foot inside. I chuckled at their action, "Relax guys, you can come in...but not cooking, okay?"

"OKAY!!!" they all yelled with joy, hugging my legs. Agnes joined them.

The ride to the school was the best, as I had fun to drift through the streets, making it an unforgettable trip. Edith eyes sparkled at my driving skills, "awesome!!!!"

It might have been for a while, but somehow I was going to miss it.

Back in my own room, I wasn't sure of what to do. Right now, I would do something with the minions or Dr. Nefario. Carl was doing some shopping and comes back in the late afternoon. This was the perfect time for me to research on the symbol I found in the black house.

It didn't take long though...

My stopped breathing for a second...

My eyes widened at the articles...

"No, it can't be..."