25. I promise

It didn't take long, till Gru arrived at school. The villains were all watching nearby, as he entered the building. Bratt, thrilled with his new role, had to keep up his acting, not giving a single hint of his true identity. With three knocks on the door, evil Bratt's next plan starts.

"Come in."

A long pointy nose peeked in, "You called?"

Bratt had to resist to smile, gesturing with his hand toward the empty chair, "Please, take a seat."

Like a little boy, cramped in a tiny chair, he waited for the headmaster to speak. Bratt cleared hit throat first, "Well what can I say...your girls are behaving very badly Mr. Gru."

"I am sure, that there is a simple reason for this."

"Simple...it is simple to use violence instead of words, is that what you mean?"

"God no! I just think, that the girls must have a reason for their behaviour."

Bratt, happy to fool the ex villain, raised one of the reports towards Gru's face, "According to the teachers, assistants and classmates, there was no one cause to use violence." A quick simple escaped Bratts lips, as Gru went over the paper. Feeling worried now, "What will happen to the girls?"

The headmaster leaned back, returning to the stern look on his face, "Nothing...they get a warning not to do it again...but you..." Gru got uncomfortable, as Bratt leaned forward, "...you get a visit by the authorities."

Something the ex villain always feared of, "Is this really necessary?"

"Believe me Mr. Gru, I am not trying to cause any trouble here..." A laugh had to be suppressed, "...I only mean it well. Its a simple precaution, in case this 'reason' may be closer to home."

"I...I...I talk to the girls."

Gru was defeated, worried and feeling hopeless. First the thing with Dru, then Lucy and now this. He knows how hard it is to please the authorities. His girls are his pride and joy, without them, he doesn't want to imagine what kind of life that would be. With a handshake, he left the office. Once Bratt heard him and the girls leave, he started laughing hysterical. "That was fun!" He said, dancing down the corridor. In a mirror in the boys toilet, he posed at it, along with his catch phrase. The mission was a success, "I been a bad boy, hahahahahaha!!!"

Gru's world was breaking down, bit by bit.

He was not sure anymore on how to deal with it all by himself. It got worse as he was back home. Dr. Nefario's bag was lying in the corridor. From the living room, he heard me and the minions playing a video game. Even so, the volume of noise matched to a football game. The minute I spotted Gru, I turned to the pause button. Countless moans erupted. I stood up and handed my console to Kevin, "Shut it, Kevin...continue for me."

Coming closer to Gru, I noticed how miserable he looked, "Why are you back so soon?"

"Ah...you see...I...well...you know what? How about you stay for the night, we order some pizza and watch a movie together." His change of mood caught me of guard. Anyhow, I was pleased with the answer, asking him what kind of pizzas I shall order for the girls? His eyes looked away, "I was thinking of us only. The girls have school tomorrow and...well...you don't have to."

"I love to. Although there is one thing."

"And what is it?"

I pointed towards the living room, "What about those 'children'?" Countless eyes were now on Gru, waiting for his reply. Bob was close to tears, as Gru's face got serious. I copied their big eyes, making the ex villain sigh, "Alright! You can join us."

"Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I giggled at the cheery lot, "Good, now, who wants pizza?!" Gru should have known, that all their black gloves were raised up. Staring back at the man, I smiled, "Okay, it is Gru's treat tonight."

"What?!"

"You suggested it, you pay for it."

"But I meant only us two...not the whole bunch of constantly hungry... Ah, whats the point? Fine, but only tonight."

Like a little girl, I hugged him and kissed his cheek. With a high pitched voice I said,"Thank you, papa Gru."

"Don't ever...call me that again."

I shrugged, "Okay, papa."

While I got busy ordering over fifty pizzas, Gru went upstairs to get the girls to bed. All three had explained what happened and in what way their teachers have changed. It seems, not everyone has so much talent in acting as Bratt. Gru stayed firm and honest, telling then what will happen soon. Agnes got scared, "Does it mean...we have to go back to the orphanage?" Gru shook his head, "Of course not. I won't let anyone take you away ever again. I promise."

From outside the bedroom, I heard every word. I find his strong need for the girls ridiculous and funny. Gru has no idea how easy it can be, he will find put soon enough.

Later on, Gru saw me and the minions argue over the choice of movies we could watch. At the end, Gru and I were forced to see a cartoon. While the minions sat on the floor, we had the sofa to ourselves. At first, we just sat beside each other. During the movie, I made myself comfortable, cuddling up to Gru. He, on the other hand, wrapped his arm around me and stroked my shoulder. This feeling was very familiar. Back when I was the henchman, were Robert held me in his arms. When I closed my eyes, it felt like he was sitting beside me again, even the smell matched. I jumped at Gru's voice, "Tired already?"

"No...just feeling comfy."

"I see. Thank you for staying N/A."

I looked up at him, "No need to thank me, I am glad you asked."