23. Back to work

With Vector coming along, we walked into the building of the TV channel 'Good News around the clock'. With my minion dressed as a businessman and I as a secretary, nothing can go wrong. With enough sleeping gas, it would be easy to take over. To do this, I have to install the device in one of the ventilation shafts. For this, vector has to distract the manager. Sounds easy...but it was harder than I thought. This manager was a hard one to crack, constantly roaming around the place. He didn't even had one minute for the small boy in uniform. It was my turn to get his attention. Giving Vector the device I whispered, "Let me handle this pothead, make sure it can reach all rooms...my sweet."

Unbuttoning my blouse a little, showing off my cleavage, I walked over very slowly. With moving my hips like a model on a catwalk, I got his attention...

...for one second.

"Don't you have any respect for yourself?! Cover your chest woman and walk properly for god sake!"

He obviously had better days than this, I sighted. So plan B had to covered this. Pulling this guy into the storage room, ignoring his constant shouting, I knocked him out with a bit of gas. A woman should always be prepared for everything, so a small can of that stuff, is quite useful at such a situation. Five minutes later, my watch made a beep. This was the moment to wear the gasmask. Vector was doing his job well. The entire building was under control in such a short time, it is scary. Vector gave a thumbs up, turning off the device, removing the mask and back into his orange outfit, "So how did it go?"

"He was all over me" I lied.

Raising a brow, he replied, "Yeah right. You are not that attractive. OUCH!" With my palm, I had hit his head.

"Watch it shorty! I am hot and a master in seducing men."

He had to suppress a giggle, "In this nun outfit, not likely...OUCH!" this time, was his cheek the target, "You have absolutely no idea of such things."

"Oh yeah?!"

His eyes followed mine, scanning his...so-called-warm-up-suit, "Oh yeah, pajamas boy. Now then, back to business."

Mumbling something behind my back, he got ready to perform. In a new suit and hair pulled back, he was getting into his role. While I was behind the camera, showing my fingers when to start.

Buzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Not only Vector was startled by that noise, so was I. It came from my handbag. An unknown number appeared on my screen, "Hello, N/A speaking."

"Ah N/A. Its me Gru."

Gru?! Why is he calling me of all days?! "How can I help you Gru?" With my hand, I lowered it to my throat and mover it sideways, telling Vector to stop his act.

"About the babysitting job...would you like it back?"

What the hell is going on, I thought, not sure of how to take the message. "I...I...be happy to take it back."

"Splendid, could you be here at nine?"

Nine? I watched the clock behind me and swallowed hard, "Isn't that a little late? I mean, I wont make it in time."

"Why, aren't you home?"

I can tell him were I am, "Yeah...taking...a bath?" It sounds ridiculous. He would never fall for this.

"Okay, I give you an hour, but be here sharp. Bye."

Click!

"Oh no, no, no, no! Don't hang up!!!" It was impossible to be there on time, unless I go now. Annoyed at this, I told Vector to cancel the assignment, "Vector, here, take the bus. I need the car." Just as I reached the elevator, he blocked my way, "It's was Gru right?"

"No, the fairy god-mother, what do you think?!"

His eyes turned cold, "I hope you are not changing sides here shadow."

"As if! I just do this to investigate, no more no less. Now get out of my sight!"

I wasn't aware, that someone was watching me, as I left the place. They were sitting in a car nearby, waiting for the other one to come out. Vector was starting to fear the worse, as they walked over to him.

"Are you the villain Vector?"

"Y-y-yeah?"

One of the man greeted him with a handshake, "It is a pleasure to meet you. Are you interested in a deal?"

The two made his legs tremble with fear,"W-w-what k-kind of d-deal?"

"Lets discuss this somewhere else, shall we?"

A while later, Gru's place, the emotions gone wild. The girls were thrilled to see me come back to work, jumping on the sofa with joy. Gru wasn't this happy, "Girls, girls, could you please behave. I don't have any other choice of a babysitter than her." Edith grinned, "Relax, she is good at what she does." Margo and Agnes agreed. It takes a lot more than words to calm the ex villain. He needed proof of his choices. Staring at his watch, he got more nervous, "Only five minute left. Where is she?!" Margo walked over to him, "She will be here, I am sure." Agnes joined them, "I hope she comes on a unicorn!" Edith clicked her tongue at that, "Yeah, destroying everything in her path."

"Unicorns are not bad!"

"They are when N/A rides them."

Gru forced out a little smile at his girls wild imagination, but what he just sees outside the window just now, was more disturbing than pleasant. Vector's car had damaged on several sides, a cat holding on to dear live on the windscreen and Gru's trashcans where flying to his neighbor's garden.

Gru sighted, "She destroys aright."

They all watched me now from the window, as I gave another driver the finger for almost colliding with my car, "Eyes to the front, you wacko!"

Just then, I noticed I been watched. With a smile on my face I greeted them, "Hi there. Am I late?!"

Gru waved back, forcing himself to smile back, "Just in time."