21. Crash course

Hours later and they all were in the main hall of the AVL. Dru was in chains, while Valerie watched his every move. "So you two, care to explain this?" She said rather loud, pointing at Gru's brother. He waved in respond. Gru wasn't sure of what to say, "We didn't know where he went and most definitely not about this." His boss made it very clear for the two, "Even if that's the case, he is a family member...a villain. He already caused enough trouble, he will stay here till we find evidence of his innocence. As for you...."

Leaning over the table they sat, she shouted really loud, "Your fired!!!!!!!

Gru was shocked, so was Lucy. Valerie backed away to calm herself, Agent Lucy Wilde. You may stay. We get you another partner...unless you refuse, you can walk out with him." Lucy was in a situation between husband and job. She chose her family once, but right now...they really needed money.

"Honey stay."

She faced Gru, "But I don't want to without you...partner."

He leaned a little closer to her ear,"Keep an eye on Dru. I'll see what I can find out."

Gru was fully motivated to find me. Dru explained that he found someone at the zeppelin. He was sure that it was shadow. Valerie had two things that they found at the damaged wall. A bag and...a helmet. Gru noticed the huge letter V at the front. He didn't understand it, knowing where he had left him. How did he get off the moon, he thought, there's got to be a solution to this.

Vector and I were already back home watching TV.

The news announced the weapons people found had at the beaches. Others found the rest of the zeppelin wall, but nothing about the AVL. This annoyed me, "Vector hun, will you do me a favor once more?" "As long as you don't hit me...yes." "Find more information about the organization." Vector watched as I left the room,"Where are you going?"

I grinned wide, "What do you think? Supporting the family."

That was my way of saying: gaining information. So far, I wasn't fired or replaced. Still owning the job as a babysitter was better than I thought. Once I arrived, I knocked twice. I had to suppress my surprise seeing Gru before me. He offered me to enter, walking back into the living room. From there he shouted at me, to make myself at home. "Oh I will" I said in a whisper. Removing my jacket I walked over to the man. Sitting beside him I watched him working. "What are you looking for?" He kept on staring at the screen, "Finding someone." I got a little tense, as photos of Robert appeared on screen. Something in my mind tells me to destroy his laptop. At least he had to be distracted by something. Quietly, I walked over to the kitchen. In the backyard I heard the minions. I smiled as I seen them all sunbathing. Three of them I asked for help. In this case, it was to make chaos. Handing them the pan, bananas and other ingredients, I told them to give it another try. Satisfied, I walked back to Gru and waited for the accident to happen.

Beep beep beep beep!!!!!!

"What is going on here?!"

I played my roll and guided him to the kitchen with a finger. My smile grew as he left the room. Not time to lose, I used my USB stick to transport a virus to his laptop. With a few clicks and the whole system is erased. Although I had another plan. Gru returned annoyed, covered in bananas. I chuckled, "Banana pancakes?" "Worse, banana lasagne." The minions were a great help . But Gru announcement made the atmosphere cold, "I am sorry, but we can't afford to have you here." "But why, aren't you both working?" He shook his head, "Lucy is, but I am staying here, taking care of the girls."

"I see."

He said that I could leave now. Without a sweet comment, I left the place without another word. I had a little crash course to activate. At my pace, it was Scarlets turn to work. Her and her husband will attack the AVL once more, while shouting for their leader Dru. Bratt and his skills in disguising into someone else was helpful for my next move, "Your job is to ruin their family life. Make sure that it gets so bad...that they have to get me back." "Why what happened?" I shrugged disinterested, "Got fired, but to get the job back, we have to make his life miserable?" "No problem, this will be fun."

Finally on my PC, I watched through a software Gru's every movement.

The exvillain looked at every photo up close. Not one evidence of who it might be. Hours passed and his patience was losing hits control. He got himself a coffee and then back to work. During that time, a minion got interested in that device. He played with the zoom button. "No, Stuart. Don't touch anything!" GRU was about to zoom back, as he spotted something interesting. In one photo was something he could see. Zooming in he tried to see it better, even if it was quite blurry. He couldn't tell if this was a rope...or hair.

Suddenly, the screen was pitch black.

"No, no, no, not now!"

Nothing could safe his laptop now. All data was erased. Leaning back in his sofa, he sighted deep. "There is only one thing left." With a magnifying glass, he went through all the magazines he collected...including the one of his brother. That is...if he could find them all. Most of the magazines were gone. He didn't knew that I used the three minions not only to distract Gru by cooking, but also to burn a few magazines on the way.

Somehow, it way to easy to fool the brothers.