6. The minions

I stood in front of the black building now.

As I opened the door I felt uneasy, as silence greeted me. Once I got my jacket off I inspected the place. The rooms look like a mixture of modern design and a horror cabinet. I wasn't sure of what to do, since I had no list to follow. I thought of cleaning the place, but it was already spotless. I couldn't go shopping either, as I had no money or a list. All I could do was to have a look around. One area caught my eye. On one sideboard were several pictures in frames, showing the family. With curiosity, I inspected each person. There was Lucy and the girls, next to them were two men. Somehow...they remind me of...

BANG! ....beeb beeb beeeb beeeb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah! The fire alarm went off. I turned to the sound, it came from the kitchen. I assumed I was alone, but now I got scared. Who else was here? Back to the corridor I grabbed an umbrella. Slowly, I tip-toed to the kitchen, before I turned around the corner, I raised my arms up, ready to strike.

"Freeze!!!!"

I wasn't sure if I was the one, who was more surprised or the creatures before me. Three large kinder eggs were looking at me through goggles. They were all wearing blue leather pants and black shoes, mumbling some gibberish at me. I opened the window before I stared towards the microwave, "Were you trying to warm up bananas?" From the smell it could only be that fruit. They nodded. I climbed up onto the counter and turned off the alarm, "What were you trying to do?" One of the creatures showed me a piece of paper; it was a recipe of banana pancakes. "You don't need a microwave for that" I gave him the offer to cook it for them. Like children they were jumping around, hugging my legs. I couldn't help it, I had to ask, "May I ask what you are?"

They smiled wide, "Minions!"

"Minions?" they nodded. "Do you have names?" They introduced themselves as Kevin, Stuart and Bob. The smallest one, bob, was giving me puppy eyes, "Bancaks?"

I smiled, "Alright, I make the pancakes. What I need is flour, sugar, bananas, etc..."

For the next few hours I spend my time with the 'minions' that is until another face appeared in the kitchen. "Who are you?" I looked over, seeing an old man in a lab coat and black gloves. "I am the new babysitter, N/A. And you?" "I am Dr. Nefario" "Are you a part of the family?" He nodded, "You could say that." "And those?" I said pointing at the yellow creatures. "There are Gru's cousins." We kept on talking for a while, as the minions were eating their pancakes. If it wasn't for the professor I wouldn't know when to pick up the kids.

After I did that and returned back, Nefario was already expecting me. Holding his smart phone in my face I could see the word 'Gru 'on the display. "Hello?" " Babysitter, you have to stay for the night." He explained to me, that they will stay in Freedonia till tomorrow in the late afternoon. So I spend my time with the girls, playing, cooking and doing homework. At night I had to bring the children to bed, followed by giving them good-night kisses and reading a story book to them. "Good night girls!" I said before closing the door. Downstairs I could hear loud sounds. My mouth was widely open as I watched a huge amount of 'minions', sitting in front of the television. Almost everyone had a plate with 'banana pancakes' on them. Who did they manage to make so many pancakes? The kitchen looked like a war zone. Pans and all the ingredients were spread across the place. I couldn't leave it like this. Wrapping my sleeves up, I began to get back the peace in this room. After that, I was tired. Heading back to the living room, they were still watching a movie. Kevin and Stuart waved at me to come over. Bob took my hand and pulled me towards the couch. Now I stood between the yellow creatures and the little teddy from Bob on my lap. Before I know it, I fell asleep, followed by countless snores of the others.

In the middle of the night, I woke up.

The minions were still sleeping around me. I got up and tried to find a room where I could sleep. I assumed they have a guest room for me. Unfortunately, it wasn't a bed room I found. How? I tried to turn off the TV and accidentally hit the wrong button. One part of the living room was going up like a lift, revealing a large tube. My curiosity got the best of me and stepped inside. I panicked as it closed itself and fell down into the darkness.

What kind of place is this???